dance music

  • julie.reinitz@uni.edu
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 5, 2001
      Will merchants be available to sell dance tapes at the Regional
      Practice? I am trying to institute a regular dance practice in our
      little corner of the universe (Le Grande Tente) and am scrambling to
      acquire a few good tapes. If not, any suggestions/advice?

      Thanks for your help. Hope to see you all in a couple wee
    • julie.reinitz@uni.edu
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 5, 2001
        --- In CalontirDance@y..., julie.reinitz@u... wrote:
        > Will merchants be available to sell dance tapes at the Regional
        > Practice? I am trying to institute a regular dance practice in our
        > little corner of the universe (Le Grande Tente) and am scrambling to
        > acquire a few good tapes. If not, any suggestions/advice?
        >
        > Thanks for your help. Hope to see you all in a couple wee

        I mean, "weeks"

        ;)
      • Ms. Catherine E. Dean, Esq.
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 5, 2001
          Greetings.

          I don't anticipate there being any merchants at the regional dance practice,
          but
          I can suggest a few useful cds that you can order reletively cheaply online.

          The cheapest option is to go to the SCA Music and Dance Page (sorry, I lost my
          book marks, but if you search for SCA Music and Dance Page on Yahoo it should
          pop up). Eric Praetzel and Greg Lindahl have about a dozen copyright free cds
          that they will copy for you for $3 (some of them have a few dollars copyright
          added to that). If you have questions on specific disks I'd be happy to
          answer,
          but in general, all of the non-synth disks are reasonably useful, especially
          for
          a new group.

          If you have a little bit more money to spend, I recommend the Musica
          Subterranea
          cds. They're an SCA band and they've put out two cds, the first (self titled)
          has a fairly basic mixed rep and the second has some more basic dances and
          some
          more advanced ones. I've lent out my cds today, but I'll have them back this
          afternoon and will post a track listing if you'd like, and an e-mail address.
          They run around $15 each (I forget exactly).

          I have other commercial cd recommendations. Let me know if you're interested
          and I'll dig through my cds when I get home this afternoon.

          And of course feel free to track me down at RDP. I"ll be the one running
          around
          like a maniac!

          Katherine

          >===== Original Message From CalontirDance@yahoogroups.com =====
          >--- In CalontirDance@y..., julie.reinitz@u... wrote:
          >> Will merchants be available to sell dance tapes at the Regional
          >> Practice? I am trying to institute a regular dance practice in our
          >> little corner of the universe (Le Grande Tente) and am scrambling to
          >> acquire a few good tapes. If not, any suggestions/advice?
          >>
          >> Thanks for your help. Hope to see you all in a couple wee
          >

          >I mean, "weeks"
          >
          >;)
          >

          >------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~-~>
          >eGroups is now Yahoo! Groups
          >Click here for more details

          <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
          Catherine E. Dean
          SCA: Lady Katherine Mercer, Seneschal of the College of NoMountain
          deanc@...
          http://home.earthlink.net/~lfdean
          Run mad as often as you chuse, but do not faint --JA
          <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 5, 2001
            Greetings, missed you at Kris Kinder - and no one seemed to know
            who you were.

            I pretty much totally agree with Katherine, but do have some specifics.

            http://sca.uwaterloo.ca/~praetzel/sca-music.html

            >but in general, all of the non-synth disks are reasonably
            >useful, especially for a new group.

            By all means you can order some of the disks, but if you need stuff
            quick and have the right equipment, you can also download and
            record to tape - ask if thats the way you want to go.

            >If you have a little bit more money to spend, I recommend the
            >Musica Subterranea cds.

            I also recommend their discs and can give you their webpage.

            http://www.musicasubterranea.dhs.org/

            I think the first one is better for a wide variety of styles
            and partially due to its existance more of these are done here.

            Though, Katherine, I'm glad to have some music for Dolce Amoroso Fuoco
            now.

            Sadly I won't be at RDP, I'll be at Estrella (hopefully anyway, work is
            being difficult).