Spanish WTF!

  • Matt Lagemann
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 17 4:19 AM
      So I am trying to remember Spanish Jeepsie, which I have not danced in about
      three to four years. Every description online I try to read seems to differ
      and of course Playford is about as clear as chocolate pudding (man, now I
      want pudding). So how do people interpret the "Jeepsie", described in
      Playford as, "Turn all back to back, faces again, go all about your We. not
      turning your faces. That again the tother way."

      A) Do a turn single in two beats and then do-si-do.
      B) Do a turn single in two beats and then stare into your partners eyes as
      you turn around them.
      C) Remove the Turn single in two beats and just do the second half of A.
      D) Remove the turn single in two beats and just do the second half of B.
      E) Ermenrich you are an idiot, and it is most obviously done in the
      following manner: <Insert correct way here>

      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 17 5:50 AM
        Most commonly done as B, with the additional point that both M and W are going about each other (like a 2 hand turn without hands) which is sometimes called a 'Gipsey'. A can be defended as well depending on your frame of reference for 'don't turn your faces'.