Is there an "official" heraldic symbol for music in the SCA?

  • Brenda Knox
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 5, 2011
      Dear Calontir friends,
      I was thinking of making a big banner for the music tent, as we are moving this year to an area near the permanent pavillion.
      Is there an official heraldic symbol that has been adopted for music and dance? If so, where can I find it?

      Ly Brighid O'Mahuna

    • Sarah Kaiser
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 5, 2011
        If there isn't one, I suggest the 'nacker man'

        Tzipi

        On Mar 5, 2011, at 3:39 PM, "Brenda Knox" <brenknox@...> wrote:

        > Dear Calontir friends,
        > I was thinking of making a big banner for the music tent, as we are moving this year to an area near the permanent pavillion.
        > Is there an official heraldic symbol that has been adopted for music and dance? If so, where can I find it?
        >
        > Ly Brighid O'Mahuna

      • Albizzi
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 6, 2011
          Calontir itself does not have one but in most kingdoms I have been in a harp has been a universally recognized symbol for a music area.

          Zino