RE: [CalontirDance] Bellewode

    Message 1 of 13 , Feb 8, 2011
      I'm so happy to see Prexonara as a class. Sadly this will make me unavailable to teach at 1.

      So what should we do in the 3 pm slot? A ball review or some special interest class?

      Perhaps an ECD class after Hanne's or a 1 PM?

      What would people like to see/learn?

      Conrad

      Message 2 of 13 , Feb 8, 2011
        I'd like to see a 15th C Italian class, or a galliard class.
        :)

        Message 3 of 13 , Feb 8, 2011
          I just put in to do a ‘fun with piva’ class for 11 that will use 15th c it as examples of how to work in variations
          dnd not just follow the leader in some of the more freeform dances.

          On Feb 8, 2011, at 10:26 AM, "Sauer, Michael F." <sauerm@...<mailto:sauerm%40missouri.edu>> wrote:

          > I'm so happy to see Prexonara as a class. Sadly this will make me unavailable to teach at 1.
          >
          > So what should we do in the 3 pm slot? A ball review or some special interest class?
          >
          > Perhaps an ECD class after Hanne's or a 1 PM?
          >
          > What would people like to see/learn?
          >
          > Conrad

        • Albizzi
          Message 4 of 13 , Feb 8, 2011
            Unfortunately I am already teaching multiple classes in other tracks or I would.

            Zino

            --- In CalontirDance@yahoogroups.com, Sarah Kaiser <sarahkaiserstl@...> wrote:

            > So far, it's only Hanne and me teaching at this thing. Let's fix that.
            > Please submit your classes to the nice people at Bellewode, they, and I, would appreciate it.
            >
            > Tzippi

          • Albizzi
            Message 5 of 13 , Feb 9, 2011
              I would love to see a class on 16th century transitional dance forms that lead to the classical forms like ballet (like what elements existed at the end of period that pointed dance in that direction) or something like that. But that is just my weird brain working.

              Zino
              Message 6 of 13 , Feb 9, 2011
                In a purely along the way sort of self study. I would say that anything that I consider transitional to what are now considered classical forms did not start until the 17th cent, at least in a pure dance form.
                It's possible that stage or opera has some of those elements earlier.

                Conrad

                I would love to see a class on 16th century transitional dance forms that lead to the classical forms like ballet (like what elements existed at the end of period that pointed dance in that direction) or something like that. But that is just my weird brain working.

                Zino

              • Sarah Kaiser
                Message 7 of 13 , Feb 9, 2011
                  Look to the baletti for classic forms in thier nascence. Look to the 16th century cascades for the pas de deux performance style gaining provenance and for things like fouetté to emerge. Look to the French galliard for some of the jette movements and the Volta for the lifts.
                  I could go on, but suffice to say, you can certainly find examples in period that beget many of our modern forms of dance.

                  Tzippi