site information for RUSH

  • Suzanne
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 20, 2010
      Greetings unto the list!
      For those of you attending Fall RUSH this week in Axed Root, here are a few snippets of information about Iowa State's Memorial Union:

      The main level is also known as the Second Floor. If you find a parking space on level 2 of the parking ramp you will enter the building on the same level as the registration area (Campanile Room), TRM Privy (Oak Room), Great Hall, and most importantly--the Gold Room, where the dance classes will take place. [Some other classes will be on the 3rd floor.]

      But not to worry, there is stair/elevator access from all levels of the parking ramp to all levels of the MU. I do recommend parking at the site, even though it's paid parking, simply for the convenience. (And remember, there's no site fee!) All of the classrooms are on the east side of the building, as is the parking ramp.

      For those of you teaching the dance classes: the Gold Room has built-in speakers. So, depending on what sort of device you bring to play your class music, you may be able to plug directly into the sound system. There will be someone in the Building Manager's office on Saturday to help with set-up, if necessary.

      Our hosts for this event are the students in the ISU Medieval Re-creationist Club--you may see that name on some of the signage--because Axed Root itself is a community group, not a college group. The student group is small in numbers but brave in spirit; please thank them for making the arrangements. :-)

      Let me know if there are more questions! We are really excited about this event and are looking forward to seeing many of you on Saturday.
      YIS,
      Susanna de l'Essart