RE: Greetings from Lanner Herald

  • Chris Lewis
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 8, 2010
      My apologies to those who get this more than once, I am hoping to spread
      this missive as far and wide as I can:

      Greetings unto the great Populace of Calontir,

      My name is Roberto, and I am the new Lanner Herald. For those that do not
      know what this name means, I will explain. I am the Kingdom Deputy Herald
      for Ceremony. It is my duty to help any and all who have a ceremony to
      plan, make those plans successful.

      As such, I am starting a grand project. I would like to document any and
      all ceremonies that have ever happened in this Kingdom. This is a daunting
      task, and I know I will never be 100% successful. But to this end I have a
      plea to anyone and everyone willing to help.

      If you have any ceremonies in your possession, that have ever happened in
      this Kingdom, please send me a copy? I will not distribute these as such,
      but I will compile them all, and use them as a resource to help guide anyone
      wishing input on a ceremony they want to put together.

      What kind of ceremony am I looking for you may ask?

      Any.

      This can include, but is sincerely not limited to:

      Knighting, Laureling, Pelicaning, Rose ceremonies, Coronations, crowning of
      victors at Crown Tournament, Baronial investitures, taking of associates
      (any level, any type), any ceremonies involving the bestowing of court
      baronages, or royal perrages, and any vigil ceremonies, or anything else you
      can think of.

      Why do I wish to do this? We have some WONDERFUL creative people in this
      Kingdom, and we have had some amazing ceremonies. But we have no central
      repository of them. If we can create said central repository, then if
      anyone ever asks when, or how something happened we can answer the question.

      Eventually I hope to help people with both SCA central ceremonies, and
      period ceremonies, and the differences between them. But in order to build
      this knowledgebase, I must have a base to work from.

      Any of these can be delivered to me during any event I am at, or can be sent
      electronically, or through modern postal services. My information will be
      in the MEWS, as all Kingdom officers and deputies are, or I can be
      contacted through the email lanner (at) Calontir (dot) info

      I look forward to any and all submissions, and thank you all for your help.

      Please repost this to any lists you happen to belong to. If someone can get
      this to the peerage lists as well, that would be MOST helpful.

      Again, my most humble thanks.

      In Service,

      Lord Roberto Carlos Dominguez

      Lanner Herald