Finding Dance Music

  • Christopher Mortika
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 20 4:10 AM
      Good Lord Nicolas,

      I have The SCA Dance Search Engine at
      http://sca.uwaterloo.ca/Music/bookmarked. It is a powerful depository
      of dance instruction, sheet music,
      and recordings of dance music.

      Having said that, the recordings are by far the most sparsely represented,
      and perhaps for good reason. Many arrangers have generously made their
      sheet music freely available, at least for purposes within the Society, but
      there are fewer musicians who have been willing to freely distribute the CDs
      which cost them money to produce.

      Do you have all three volumes of the Musica Subterranea collection? Those
      cover just about every dance I've seen in Calontir.

      Is any of this helpful?

      --In joy and service,
      Christian d'Hiver

    • Brad Moore
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 20 4:47 PM
        Christian,

        Thank you so much for your quick reply; I only have Volume 1 of Musica
        Subterranea at the moment, but plan to purchase the other two.  I have also
        downloaded some of the mp3's from the waterloo website, but some of the versions
        were ones which I am unfamiliar with.

        I hope to bring dance back to Grimfells, and help our newer members feel
        confident enough to dance a few rounds when they attend events around the
        kingdom.

        Je Reste,
        En Service au Reve,
        Nicolas

         Brad Moore

        "If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a
        merrier world."
        - J.R.R. Tolkien