Dance Music Needed

  • Brad Moore
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 19 9:01 PM
      Greetings unto the dancers of Calontir, from Lord Nicolas L'Anguille, of the
      Shire of Grimfells.

      Our fair Shire has recently begun dance classes, and at the moment I am leading
      them.  I have a copy of Musica Suterranea and Why Not Dance (Cumberland
      Collegium), most of my other music was on cassettes, which, sadly are beyond
      use.  I have had difficulty finding common music for other dances like the
      korobushka, or at least music such as I remember.  I began dancing in the early
      90's in Meridies, and was on hiatus for several years.  If anyone could assist
      me in procuring common music to dances in Calontir, it would be greatly
      appreciated.  I would like my fellow Grimfells dancers to feel confident upon
      hearing a piece at an event, so that they might join in.  Any suggestions or
      mp3's would be greatly appreciated.

      Je Reste,

      En Service au Reve,

      Nicolas
       Brad Moore

      "If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a
      merrier world."
      - J.R.R. Tolkien

    • Albizzi
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 20 8:08 PM
        Are you looking for sheet music or live (I have several on sheet music).

        Zino

        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 22 8:52 AM
          This just in there will be dancing at the Grand Melee in Three Rivers this weekend. It will occur Saturday evening
          Approx 7 PM or 1 hour after court ends, whichever is later. This will likely overlap in time and be nearby the dinner grill
          area.

          So bring something to grill, put it on the fire and dance a bit while it cooks. Or have yourself a fine dinner and dance it off afterwards.

          Musicians wanted. Dances will be chosen randomly from a list of available music!