Re: [CalontirDance] Popular Dances

  • Sarah Kaiser
    Message 1 of 17 , Sep 7 8:43 PM
      Favorites: Vilanella, Picking of Sticks, Gratiosa
      Popular: Petite Riens, Heralds in Love, Black Nag

      On Sep 7, 2010, at 5:22 PM, "Sauer, Michael F." <sauerm@...> wrote:

      > Hi all
      >
      > I'm looking to put together a list of dances.
      >
      > What are your personal favorite 3 dances?
      > What do you think are 3 of the most common dances done in Calontir?
      >
      > Thanks

    • Cassandra White
      Message 2 of 17 , Sep 7 10:10 PM
        Favorites: Official Bransle, Heralds in Love, Heart's Ease
        Popular: Petite Riens, Amoroso, Heralds in Love

        On Tue, Sep 7, 2010 at 10:43 PM, Sarah Kaiser <sarahkaiserstl@...>wrote:

        > Favorites: Vilanella, Picking of Sticks, Gratiosa
        > Popular: Petite Riens, Heralds in Love, Black Nag
        >

        > On Sep 7, 2010, at 5:22 PM, "Sauer, Michael F." <sauerm@...<sauerm%40missouri.edu>>
        > wrote:
        >
        > > Hi all
        > >
        > > I'm looking to put together a list of dances.
        > >
        > > What are your personal favorite 3 dances?
        > > What do you think are 3 of the most common dances done in Calontir?
        > >
        > > Thanks
        > >
        > > Conrad

      • Matt Lagemann
        Message 3 of 17 , Sep 8 3:29 AM
          Favorites: Heralds in Love (big surprise!), Petite Riens, and Horses
          Bransle
          Popular: Heralds in Love, Gathering Peascods, Official Bransle

        • Albizzi
          Message 4 of 17 , Sep 9 6:59 AM
            Favorites: Hole In the wall (I love poaching), Official, Karabooshka (Spelling) (I know, I know it is so out of period it is not even funny but it is soooo fun).
            Popular: Official, Petit Riens, Heralds in Love.

            Zino

            --- In CalontirDance@yahoogroups.com, "Sauer, Michael F." <sauerm@...> wrote:

            > Hi all
            >
            > I'm looking to put together a list of dances.
            >
            > What are your personal favorite 3 dances?
            > What do you think are 3 of the most common dances done in Calontir?
            >
            > Thanks

          • Arina
            Message 5 of 17 , Sep 11 10:17 AM
              You ask hard questions....

              Favorite: Gracca, Rosti Boli, and Contrapasso (yes, all italians)
              Popular: Offical Bransle, Petit Riens, and Heralds in Love

              --- In CalontirDance@yahoogroups.com, "Sauer, Michael F." <sauerm@...> wrote:

              > Hi all
              >
              > I'm looking to put together a list of dances.
              >
              > What are your personal favorite 3 dances?
              > What do you think are 3 of the most common dances done in Calontir?
              >
              > Thanks

            • Rachel
              Message 6 of 17 , Sep 11 10:32 AM
                I am fond of Gelosia, Scotch Cap, and Petit Riens.

                As for what's common (and not actually popular, mind), Sellinger's Round,
                Korobushka, and probably any number of fairly easy ECDs.

                -Constantia K.

                --- In CalontirDance@yahoogroups.com, "Sauer, Michael F." <sauerm@...> wrote:

                > Hi all
                >
                > I'm looking to put together a list of dances.
                >
                > What are your personal favorite 3 dances?
                > What do you think are 3 of the most common dances done in Calontir?
                >
                > Thanks

              • Sarah Kaiser
                Message 7 of 17 , Sep 11 2:11 PM
                  I like Scotch Cap and forget about it. Thanks for bringing it to mind. :)

                  On Sep 11, 2010, at 12:31 PM, "Rachel" <cowtownchick@...> wrote:

                  > I am fond of Gelosia, Scotch Cap, and Petit Riens.
                  >
                  > As for what's common (and not actually popular, mind), Sellinger's Round, Korobushka, and probably any number of fairly easy ECDs.
                  >
                  > --- In CalontirDance@yahoogroups.com, "Sauer, Michael F." <sauerm@...> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > Hi all
                  > >
                  > > I'm looking to put together a list of dances.
                  > >
                  > > What are your personal favorite 3 dances?
                  > > What do you think are 3 of the most common dances done in Calontir?
                  > >
                  > > Thanks
                  > >
                  > > Conrad

                • Jeremy Bullins
                  Message 8 of 17 , Sep 14 1:21 PM
                    personal favs Ameroso, contrapasso en due, hyde park
                    Local favs Petit Rein, rufty tuffty, jenney pluck pears