Popular Dances

    Message 1 of 17 , Sep 7, 2010
      Hi all

      I'm looking to put together a list of dances.

      What are your personal favorite 3 dances?
      What do you think are 3 of the most common dances done in Calontir?

      Thanks

    • Sarah Kaiser
      Message 2 of 17 , Sep 7, 2010
        Favorites: Vilanella, Picking of Sticks, Gratiosa
        Popular: Petite Riens, Heralds in Love, Black Nag

        On Sep 7, 2010, at 5:22 PM, "Sauer, Michael F." <sauerm@...> wrote:

        > Hi all
        >
        > I'm looking to put together a list of dances.
        >
        > What are your personal favorite 3 dances?
        > What do you think are 3 of the most common dances done in Calontir?
        >
        > Thanks

      • Cassandra White
        Message 3 of 17 , Sep 7, 2010
          Favorites: Official Bransle, Heralds in Love, Heart's Ease
          Popular: Petite Riens, Amoroso, Heralds in Love

          On Tue, Sep 7, 2010 at 10:43 PM, Sarah Kaiser <sarahkaiserstl@...>wrote:

          > Favorites: Vilanella, Picking of Sticks, Gratiosa
          > Popular: Petite Riens, Heralds in Love, Black Nag
          >

          > On Sep 7, 2010, at 5:22 PM, "Sauer, Michael F." <sauerm@...<sauerm%40missouri.edu>>
          > wrote:
          >
          > > Hi all
          > >
          > > I'm looking to put together a list of dances.
          > >
          > > What are your personal favorite 3 dances?
          > > What do you think are 3 of the most common dances done in Calontir?
          > >
          > > Thanks
          > >
          > > Conrad

        • Matt Lagemann
          Message 4 of 17 , Sep 8, 2010
            Favorites: Heralds in Love (big surprise!), Petite Riens, and Horses
            Bransle
            Popular: Heralds in Love, Gathering Peascods, Official Bransle

          • Albizzi
            Message 5 of 17 , Sep 9, 2010
              Favorites: Hole In the wall (I love poaching), Official, Karabooshka (Spelling) (I know, I know it is so out of period it is not even funny but it is soooo fun).
              Popular: Official, Petit Riens, Heralds in Love.

              Zino

              --- In CalontirDance@yahoogroups.com, "Sauer, Michael F." <sauerm@...> wrote:

              > Hi all
              >
              > I'm looking to put together a list of dances.
              >
              > What are your personal favorite 3 dances?
              > What do you think are 3 of the most common dances done in Calontir?
              >
              > Thanks

            • Arina
              Message 6 of 17 , Sep 11, 2010
                You ask hard questions....

                Favorite: Gracca, Rosti Boli, and Contrapasso (yes, all italians)
                Popular: Offical Bransle, Petit Riens, and Heralds in Love

                --- In CalontirDance@yahoogroups.com, "Sauer, Michael F." <sauerm@...> wrote:

                > Hi all
                >
                > I'm looking to put together a list of dances.
                >
                > What are your personal favorite 3 dances?
                > What do you think are 3 of the most common dances done in Calontir?
                >
                > Thanks

              • Rachel
                Message 7 of 17 , Sep 11, 2010
                  I am fond of Gelosia, Scotch Cap, and Petit Riens.

                  As for what's common (and not actually popular, mind), Sellinger's Round,
                  Korobushka, and probably any number of fairly easy ECDs.

                  -Constantia K.

                  --- In CalontirDance@yahoogroups.com, "Sauer, Michael F." <sauerm@...> wrote:

                  > Hi all
                  >
                  > I'm looking to put together a list of dances.
                  >
                  > What are your personal favorite 3 dances?
                  > What do you think are 3 of the most common dances done in Calontir?
                  >
                  > Thanks

                • Sarah Kaiser
                  Message 8 of 17 , Sep 11, 2010
                    I like Scotch Cap and forget about it. Thanks for bringing it to mind. :)

                    On Sep 11, 2010, at 12:31 PM, "Rachel" <cowtownchick@...> wrote:

                    > I am fond of Gelosia, Scotch Cap, and Petit Riens.
                    >
                    > As for what's common (and not actually popular, mind), Sellinger's Round, Korobushka, and probably any number of fairly easy ECDs.
                    >
                    > --- In CalontirDance@yahoogroups.com, "Sauer, Michael F." <sauerm@...> wrote:
                    > >
                    > > Hi all
                    > >
                    > > I'm looking to put together a list of dances.
                    > >
                    > > What are your personal favorite 3 dances?
                    > > What do you think are 3 of the most common dances done in Calontir?
                    > >
                    > > Thanks
                    > >
                    > > Conrad

                  • Jeremy Bullins
                    Message 9 of 17 , Sep 14, 2010
                      personal favs Ameroso, contrapasso en due, hyde park
                      Local favs Petit Rein, rufty tuffty, jenney pluck pears