Re: introduction / RUSH

  • Suzanne
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 26, 2010
      Thank you Zino!

      Anyone else?? We're still hoping to have dance classes during the day so that everyone can participate in the ball... but so far no one has contacted the Event Steward to indicate what classes they'd like to teach. We *could* hold a ball with recorded music... but we'd much prefer live music. ;-) And let's not forget that everything goes more smoothly with a dance leader!

      Check your schedules, talk amongst yourselves, and let us know how you'd like to participate.

      Thank you,
      Susanna

      --- In CalontirDance@yahoogroups.com, "Albizzi" <albizzi@...> wrote:

      > Let me double check my travel plans with my lady but I should be able to do a class on early period music theory that focuses on madrigals (especially middle madrigals as that is were my priority is). I'll get back to you as soon as I can.
      >
      > Zino
      >
      > --- In CalontirDance@yahoogroups.com, "Suzanne" <slesar@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Greetings all, from one new to the list--
      > >
      > > I am Susanna de l'Essart, from the Canton of Axed Root (Ames, Iowa). I used to be a singer, back in the day, and I very much enjoyed listening to you play at Raid or Trade. Music was my gateway drug to the SCA.
      > >
      > > So... I'm the one who jumped in during rehearsal on that Saturday to ask you to come to fall RUSH in the Canton on October 23rd. We are recruiting teachers and orchestra. :-) There will be a Ball in the early evening and we hope that some dance classes will be part of the schedule during the day. (There will be a buffet supper instead of a formal feast, so the dancing may commence as soon as court is over. We'll make sure the players are well-fed, too!)
      > >
      > > The event flyer will be posted on the kingdom website very soon, and announcements are forthcoming on several listservs. Feel free to discuss here or to contact me off-list for more info.
      > >
      > > And if anyone feels inclined to teach a class on madrigals--I can guarantee you at least one rapt attendee.
      > > Susanna

    • Albizzi
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 27, 2010
        Checked and I will be there so if want to schedule it the name is "Madrigal Theory" a class on the music theory applicable to 16th century Italian madrigals. (Basic music theory can be ran through quickly if needed). My full name is Lorenzino Bartolome dei Albizzi.

        Thanks