Darling Won’t You Wait Lyrics (from Raid or Trade)

  • Cassandra White
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 29 1:09 AM
      To those who were at the Raid or Trade bardic circle: One of our visiting
      friends taught us this song which we sang in a round. It got stuck in my
      head so I finally searched for the lyrics online. I found the lyrics below
      which fit my memory of the song very well. I remembered that there were
      some requests for the lyrics to be posted so I thought I would oblige.
      Yours in Service,
      Rhiannon O'Keith

      Darling Won�t You Wait

      Darling, won't you wait, won't you wait, won't you wait,
      For I must go far away.
      Darling, won't you wait, won't you wait, won't you wait,
      'Til I come back home to stay.

      Should another love come along, come along
      Simply tell her you're not free.
      Send her on her way, on her way, on her way,
      Darling won't you wait for me.

      Oh, my love, some of us are bound to die,
      Oh, my love, it breaks my heart to say goodbye,
      Oh, my love, when I'm far away I miss you so,
      Hold me close, kiss me once again before I go.