RE: [CalontirDance] The Second of Three Announcements Regarding an Upcoming Ball

    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 7, 2010
      >So, for Raid or Trade, the ball sets are currently:

      OK I must say I rather like all the dances on this list; some notes follow

      SET ONE:
      Petit Riens
      Official Bransle - keep the advisories brief
      Black Almain - repeat the dance
      ** Repeat how? Traditional is to have 4 continuous repeats of the pattern done as one dance
      Black Nag - emphasize the rules of English Country, repeat the dance
      ** This one goes well either just once or 3 times, with couples switching position each time
      Rufty Tufty - same rules in a new dance, repeat the dance
      ** this dance involves a lot of spinning, if done a my preferred tempo, repeating it may end up with many dizzy dancers
      Sellinger's Round - likewise
      ** 3 verses or 4?
      Bizzaria d'Amore
      ** unless we have a class during the day, this would need to be taught, a quick run through is a 5 minute minimum, probably closer to 10
      Anello

      SET TWO
      Pavanne and Galliarde
      Amoroso
      Jenny Pluck Pears
      ly bens distonys
      Short or long (referring to the length of each repeat)?

      Heralds in Love
      Gelosia
      Confesse
      My Lady Cullen

      SET THREE
      Ballo del Fiore
      Gracca Amorosa
      Lovely Nymph
      Gelosia
      ** again? It's in the second set; perhaps with the ladies active?

      Scotch Cap
      Rostiboli Goioioso
      Gratiosa
      Heart's Ease
      Spero
      ** It might be preferable to end with something more people know and a couple dance for the last one of the evening, move Rostiboli Goioioso to the last dance?

      What type of area will the dance be held in with what type of lighting. The dances in the last set that need to be taught have footwork that will be difficult to see in a dark environment.