The Second of Three Announcements Regarding an Upcoming Ball

  • Christopher Mortika
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 6 10:35 PM
      So, for Raid or Trade, the ball sets are currently:

      SET ONE:
      Petit Riens
      Official Bransle - keep the advisories brief
      Black Almain - repeat the dance
      Black Nag - emphasize the rules of English Country, repeat the dance
      Rufty Tufty - same rules in a new dance, repeat the dance
      Sellinger's Round - likewise
      Bizzaria d'Amore
      Anello

      SET TWO
      Pavanne and Galliarde
      Amoroso
      Jenny Pluck Pears
      ly bens distonys
      Heralds in Love
      Gelosia
      Confesse
      My Lady Cullen

      SET THREE
      Ballo del Fiore
      Gracca Amorosa
      Lovely Nymph
      Gelosia
      Scotch Cap
      Rostiboli Goioioso
      Gratiosa
      Heart's Ease
      Spero

      We're working to have packets of sheet music ready for any ball musicians by
      next Monday or Tuesday.

      --Chris

      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 7 9:19 AM
        >So, for Raid or Trade, the ball sets are currently:

        OK I must say I rather like all the dances on this list; some notes follow

        SET ONE:
        Petit Riens
        Official Bransle - keep the advisories brief
        Black Almain - repeat the dance
        ** Repeat how? Traditional is to have 4 continuous repeats of the pattern done as one dance
        Black Nag - emphasize the rules of English Country, repeat the dance
        ** This one goes well either just once or 3 times, with couples switching position each time
        Rufty Tufty - same rules in a new dance, repeat the dance
        ** this dance involves a lot of spinning, if done a my preferred tempo, repeating it may end up with many dizzy dancers
        Sellinger's Round - likewise
        ** 3 verses or 4?
        Bizzaria d'Amore
        ** unless we have a class during the day, this would need to be taught, a quick run through is a 5 minute minimum, probably closer to 10
        Anello

        SET TWO
        Pavanne and Galliarde
        Amoroso
        Jenny Pluck Pears
        ly bens distonys
        Short or long (referring to the length of each repeat)?

        Heralds in Love
        Gelosia
        Confesse
        My Lady Cullen

        SET THREE
        Ballo del Fiore
        Gracca Amorosa
        Lovely Nymph
        Gelosia
        ** again? It's in the second set; perhaps with the ladies active?

        Scotch Cap
        Rostiboli Goioioso
        Gratiosa
        Heart's Ease
        Spero
        ** It might be preferable to end with something more people know and a couple dance for the last one of the evening, move Rostiboli Goioioso to the last dance?

        What type of area will the dance be held in with what type of lighting. The dances in the last set that need to be taught have footwork that will be difficult to see in a dark environment.