Re: [CalontirDance] The First Of Three Announcements: There Will Be Dancing

    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 25, 2010
      Hurray! A ball at the event is a terrific idea! And while we're discussing
      musicians gathering, any musician interested in playing some background
      music during the day's vigil, please drop me a note privately.

      I hope everyone on the list will make an effort to be at this event, so we
      can all celebrate the elevation of HL Christian d'Hiver to the Order of the
      Laurel together. It should be a grand day!

      Slainte!
      Conna

      On Fri, Jun 25, 2010 at 11:05 AM, ChrisM <c.mortika@...> wrote:

      > Unto the dance and music communities of Calontir, greetings and
      > salutations; more, wishes that these letters find all of you and your
      > kinsfolk in good health and happy spirits, from Christian d'Hiver, your
      > servant.
      >
      > For some reason, there are going to be a lot of musicians and dance
      > enthusiasts, from several kingdoms, coming to the Raid or Trade event in
      > Coeur d'Ennui on July 17th. The event stewads have agreed that it would be a
      > pity and a shame if there weren't a ball.
      >
      > So, there's going to be a ball a little while after court. We have a
      > shelter with a good floor and lighting, if we wish to continue dancing after
      > the sun sets.
      >
      > At this point, we're still assembling the team of dance shepherds. If you
      > would like to shepherd a set, or if you are a musician who would like
      > advance copies of the sheet music, speak up, and we will make that happen.
      >
      > --Christian d'Hiver

    • Rowan
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 25, 2010
        If a lot of musicians are going to be together perhaps this would be a good
        chance to ask Matherin and the CalonSound project to do a recording?
        I know the dancers would REALLY like a recording of
        1) lover's braid
        2) lovely nymph
        3) the rosti boli version that you've been doing lately - I think Christian
        arranged it? - the one played at lilies
        4) calontir bransle
        5) bobbing joe (AA, 16xb)
        6) hit or miss (playford) if someone has an arrangement of it

        Dancers -- are there any others we need music for classes and practice?

        Unfortunately I wont be at raid and trade :-( and can't coordinate this.

        HL Rowan Houndskeeper

        From: "Carol O'Connell" <oconnell.carol@...>
        To: CalontirDance@yahoogroups.com
        Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2010 15:58:16 -0500