Re: [CalontirDance] PDF file for Lilies Ball is now up on this list

  • Brenda Knox
    Message 1 of 17 , May 17, 2010
      Sure, Lucia,
      but, I have to do it from work. We have rural dial-up out here, and the file
      takes time. It's big. I will do it tomorrow!
      Message 2 of 17 , May 23, 2010
        You can count on me to play music, and, to provide some munchies. I should be able to help with that.
        Brighid
        Message 3 of 17 , May 23, 2010
          So sorry. Unfortunately, I'll be leaving Lilies early for a wedding. I won't
          be on site for this ball. Sorry, Brighid--I'd love to help out.

          Conna

          Message 4 of 17 , May 27, 2010
            Rowan

            When am I scheduled to teach at lilies? I just looked at the meeting schedule and Wed is the meeting day from hell for me.

            Thanks

            Conrad

            So the Last Sat of Lilies is the Caroso Ball (1-3pm). And I need the
            following aid -
            1) musicians
            2) some one to corrdinate/PC the "ball"
            3)munchies
            -- I am currently working 13-14 hr shifts until June 7th and won't be able
            to think about this until at least then so can someone give me a hand?

            HL Rowan Houndskeeper
            Barony of Three Rivers, Calontir
            rowan@...<mailto:rowan%40french.toast.net>

          • Rowan
            Message 5 of 17 , May 30, 2010
              2pm Sat (Caroso)
              2pm Mon (Progression Dances)
              2pm - Wed (Ball review)
              Unless they moved some of the meetings you should be ok - tried to avoid
              both battles and meetings for you. Your Wed class is during the Hammer
              meeting and you should be able to make the laural meeting after your class
              is done (cut it short if you have to)
              HL Rowan Houndskeeper

              So the Last Sat of Lilies is the Caroso Ball (1-3pm). And I need the

              following aid -

              1) musicians

              2) some one to corrdinate/PC the "ball"

              3)munchies

              -- I am currently working 13-14 hr shifts until June 7th and won't be able

              to think about this until at least then so can someone give me a hand?

              HL Rowan Houndskeeper

              Barony of Three Rivers, Calontir

              rowan@...<mailto:rowan%40french.toast.net>

              Individual Email | Traditional

              (Yahoo! ID required)

              CalontirDance-digest@yahoogroups.com

              CalontirDance-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

              http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ [http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/%5d

              Message 6 of 17 , Sep 7, 2010
                Hi all

                I'm looking to put together a list of dances.

                What are your personal favorite 3 dances?
                What do you think are 3 of the most common dances done in Calontir?

                Thanks

              • Sarah Kaiser
                Message 7 of 17 , Sep 7, 2010
                  Favorites: Vilanella, Picking of Sticks, Gratiosa
                  Popular: Petite Riens, Heralds in Love, Black Nag

                  On Sep 7, 2010, at 5:22 PM, "Sauer, Michael F." <sauerm@...> wrote:

                  > Hi all
                  >
                  > I'm looking to put together a list of dances.
                  >
                  > What are your personal favorite 3 dances?
                  > What do you think are 3 of the most common dances done in Calontir?
                  >
                  > Thanks

                • Cassandra White
                  Message 8 of 17 , Sep 7, 2010
                    Favorites: Official Bransle, Heralds in Love, Heart's Ease
                    Popular: Petite Riens, Amoroso, Heralds in Love

                    On Tue, Sep 7, 2010 at 10:43 PM, Sarah Kaiser <sarahkaiserstl@...>wrote:

                    > Favorites: Vilanella, Picking of Sticks, Gratiosa
                    > Popular: Petite Riens, Heralds in Love, Black Nag
                    >

                    > On Sep 7, 2010, at 5:22 PM, "Sauer, Michael F." <sauerm@...<sauerm%40missouri.edu>>
                    > wrote:
                    >
                    > > Hi all
                    > >
                    > > I'm looking to put together a list of dances.
                    > >
                    > > What are your personal favorite 3 dances?
                    > > What do you think are 3 of the most common dances done in Calontir?
                    > >
                    > > Thanks
                    > >
                    > > Conrad

                  • Matt Lagemann
                    Message 9 of 17 , Sep 8, 2010
                      Favorites: Heralds in Love (big surprise!), Petite Riens, and Horses
                      Bransle
                      Popular: Heralds in Love, Gathering Peascods, Official Bransle

                    • Albizzi
                      Message 10 of 17 , Sep 9, 2010
                        Favorites: Hole In the wall (I love poaching), Official, Karabooshka (Spelling) (I know, I know it is so out of period it is not even funny but it is soooo fun).
                        Popular: Official, Petit Riens, Heralds in Love.

                        Zino

                        --- In CalontirDance@yahoogroups.com, "Sauer, Michael F." <sauerm@...> wrote:

                        > Hi all
                        >
                        > I'm looking to put together a list of dances.
                        >
                        > What are your personal favorite 3 dances?
                        > What do you think are 3 of the most common dances done in Calontir?
                        >
                        > Thanks

                      • Arina
                        Message 11 of 17 , Sep 11, 2010
                          You ask hard questions....

                          Favorite: Gracca, Rosti Boli, and Contrapasso (yes, all italians)
                          Popular: Offical Bransle, Petit Riens, and Heralds in Love

                          --- In CalontirDance@yahoogroups.com, "Sauer, Michael F." <sauerm@...> wrote:

                          > Hi all
                          >
                          > I'm looking to put together a list of dances.
                          >
                          > What are your personal favorite 3 dances?
                          > What do you think are 3 of the most common dances done in Calontir?
                          >
                          > Thanks

                        • Rachel
                          Message 12 of 17 , Sep 11, 2010
                            I am fond of Gelosia, Scotch Cap, and Petit Riens.

                            As for what's common (and not actually popular, mind), Sellinger's Round,
                            Korobushka, and probably any number of fairly easy ECDs.

                            -Constantia K.

                            --- In CalontirDance@yahoogroups.com, "Sauer, Michael F." <sauerm@...> wrote:

                            > Hi all
                            >
                            > I'm looking to put together a list of dances.
                            >
                            > What are your personal favorite 3 dances?
                            > What do you think are 3 of the most common dances done in Calontir?
                            >
                            > Thanks

                          • Sarah Kaiser
                            Message 13 of 17 , Sep 11, 2010
                              I like Scotch Cap and forget about it. Thanks for bringing it to mind. :)

                              On Sep 11, 2010, at 12:31 PM, "Rachel" <cowtownchick@...> wrote:

                              > I am fond of Gelosia, Scotch Cap, and Petit Riens.
                              >
                              > As for what's common (and not actually popular, mind), Sellinger's Round, Korobushka, and probably any number of fairly easy ECDs.
                              >
                              > --- In CalontirDance@yahoogroups.com, "Sauer, Michael F." <sauerm@...> wrote:
                              > >
                              > > Hi all
                              > >
                              > > I'm looking to put together a list of dances.
                              > >
                              > > What are your personal favorite 3 dances?
                              > > What do you think are 3 of the most common dances done in Calontir?
                              > >
                              > > Thanks
                              > >
                              > > Conrad

                            • Jeremy Bullins
                              Message 14 of 17 , Sep 14, 2010
                                personal favs Ameroso, contrapasso en due, hyde park
                                Local favs Petit Rein, rufty tuffty, jenney pluck pears