Re: [CalontirDance] PDF file for Lilies Ball is now up on this list

  • Brenda Knox
    Message 1 of 17 , May 17, 2010
      Sure, Lucia,
      but, I have to do it from work. We have rural dial-up out here, and the file
      takes time. It's big. I will do it tomorrow!
      Message 2 of 17 , May 20, 2010
        So the Last Sat of Lilies is the Caroso Ball (1-3pm). And I need the
        following aid -
        1) musicians
        2) some one to corrdinate/PC the "ball"
        3)munchies
        -- I am currently working 13-14 hr shifts until June 7th and won't be able
        to think about this until at least then so can someone give me a hand?

        HL Rowan Houndskeeper

      • Brenda Knox
        Message 3 of 17 , May 23, 2010
          You can count on me to play music, and, to provide some munchies. I should be able to help with that.
          Brighid

          Message 4 of 17 , May 23, 2010
            So sorry. Unfortunately, I'll be leaving Lilies early for a wedding. I won't
            be on site for this ball. Sorry, Brighid--I'd love to help out.

            Conna

            Message 5 of 17 , May 27, 2010
              Rowan

              When am I scheduled to teach at lilies? I just looked at the meeting schedule and Wed is the meeting day from hell for me.

              Thanks

              Conrad

              So the Last Sat of Lilies is the Caroso Ball (1-3pm). And I need the
              following aid -
              1) musicians
              2) some one to corrdinate/PC the "ball"
              3)munchies
              -- I am currently working 13-14 hr shifts until June 7th and won't be able
              to think about this until at least then so can someone give me a hand?

              HL Rowan Houndskeeper
              Barony of Three Rivers, Calontir
              rowan@...<mailto:rowan%40french.toast.net>

            • Rowan
              Message 6 of 17 , May 30, 2010
                2pm Sat (Caroso)
                2pm Mon (Progression Dances)
                2pm - Wed (Ball review)
                Unless they moved some of the meetings you should be ok - tried to avoid
                both battles and meetings for you. Your Wed class is during the Hammer
                meeting and you should be able to make the laural meeting after your class
                is done (cut it short if you have to)
                HL Rowan Houndskeeper

                So the Last Sat of Lilies is the Caroso Ball (1-3pm). And I need the

                following aid -

                1) musicians

                2) some one to corrdinate/PC the "ball"

                3)munchies

                -- I am currently working 13-14 hr shifts until June 7th and won't be able

                to think about this until at least then so can someone give me a hand?

                HL Rowan Houndskeeper

                Barony of Three Rivers, Calontir

                rowan@...<mailto:rowan%40french.toast.net>

                Individual Email | Traditional

                (Yahoo! ID required)

                CalontirDance-digest@yahoogroups.com

                CalontirDance-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ [http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/%5d

                Message 7 of 17 , Sep 7, 2010
                  Hi all

                  I'm looking to put together a list of dances.

                  What are your personal favorite 3 dances?
                  What do you think are 3 of the most common dances done in Calontir?

                  Thanks

                • Sarah Kaiser
                  Message 8 of 17 , Sep 7, 2010
                    Favorites: Vilanella, Picking of Sticks, Gratiosa
                    Popular: Petite Riens, Heralds in Love, Black Nag

                    On Sep 7, 2010, at 5:22 PM, "Sauer, Michael F." <sauerm@...> wrote:

                    > Hi all
                    >
                    > I'm looking to put together a list of dances.
                    >
                    > What are your personal favorite 3 dances?
                    > What do you think are 3 of the most common dances done in Calontir?
                    >
                    > Thanks

                  • Cassandra White
                    Message 9 of 17 , Sep 7, 2010
                      Favorites: Official Bransle, Heralds in Love, Heart's Ease
                      Popular: Petite Riens, Amoroso, Heralds in Love

                      On Tue, Sep 7, 2010 at 10:43 PM, Sarah Kaiser <sarahkaiserstl@...>wrote:

                      > Favorites: Vilanella, Picking of Sticks, Gratiosa
                      > Popular: Petite Riens, Heralds in Love, Black Nag
                      >

                      > On Sep 7, 2010, at 5:22 PM, "Sauer, Michael F." <sauerm@...<sauerm%40missouri.edu>>
                      > wrote:
                      >
                      > > Hi all
                      > >
                      > > I'm looking to put together a list of dances.
                      > >
                      > > What are your personal favorite 3 dances?
                      > > What do you think are 3 of the most common dances done in Calontir?
                      > >
                      > > Thanks
                      > >
                      > > Conrad

                    • Matt Lagemann
                      Message 10 of 17 , Sep 8, 2010
                        Favorites: Heralds in Love (big surprise!), Petite Riens, and Horses
                        Bransle
                        Popular: Heralds in Love, Gathering Peascods, Official Bransle

                      • Albizzi
                        Message 11 of 17 , Sep 9, 2010
                          Favorites: Hole In the wall (I love poaching), Official, Karabooshka (Spelling) (I know, I know it is so out of period it is not even funny but it is soooo fun).
                          Popular: Official, Petit Riens, Heralds in Love.

                          Zino

                          --- In CalontirDance@yahoogroups.com, "Sauer, Michael F." <sauerm@...> wrote:

                          > Hi all
                          >
                          > I'm looking to put together a list of dances.
                          >
                          > What are your personal favorite 3 dances?
                          > What do you think are 3 of the most common dances done in Calontir?
                          >
                          > Thanks

                        • Arina
                          Message 12 of 17 , Sep 11, 2010
                            You ask hard questions....

                            Favorite: Gracca, Rosti Boli, and Contrapasso (yes, all italians)
                            Popular: Offical Bransle, Petit Riens, and Heralds in Love

                            --- In CalontirDance@yahoogroups.com, "Sauer, Michael F." <sauerm@...> wrote:

                            > Hi all
                            >
                            > I'm looking to put together a list of dances.
                            >
                            > What are your personal favorite 3 dances?
                            > What do you think are 3 of the most common dances done in Calontir?
                            >
                            > Thanks

                          • Rachel
                            Message 13 of 17 , Sep 11, 2010
                              I am fond of Gelosia, Scotch Cap, and Petit Riens.

                              As for what's common (and not actually popular, mind), Sellinger's Round,
                              Korobushka, and probably any number of fairly easy ECDs.

                              -Constantia K.

                              --- In CalontirDance@yahoogroups.com, "Sauer, Michael F." <sauerm@...> wrote:

                              > Hi all
                              >
                              > I'm looking to put together a list of dances.
                              >
                              > What are your personal favorite 3 dances?
                              > What do you think are 3 of the most common dances done in Calontir?
                              >
                              > Thanks

                            • Sarah Kaiser
                              Message 14 of 17 , Sep 11, 2010
                                I like Scotch Cap and forget about it. Thanks for bringing it to mind. :)

                                On Sep 11, 2010, at 12:31 PM, "Rachel" <cowtownchick@...> wrote:

                                > I am fond of Gelosia, Scotch Cap, and Petit Riens.
                                >
                                > As for what's common (and not actually popular, mind), Sellinger's Round, Korobushka, and probably any number of fairly easy ECDs.
                                >
                                > --- In CalontirDance@yahoogroups.com, "Sauer, Michael F." <sauerm@...> wrote:
                                > >
                                > > Hi all
                                > >
                                > > I'm looking to put together a list of dances.
                                > >
                                > > What are your personal favorite 3 dances?
                                > > What do you think are 3 of the most common dances done in Calontir?
                                > >
                                > > Thanks
                                > >
                                > > Conrad

                              • Jeremy Bullins
                                Message 15 of 17 , Sep 14, 2010
                                  personal favs Ameroso, contrapasso en due, hyde park
                                  Local favs Petit Rein, rufty tuffty, jenney pluck pears