Gulf Wars Performing Artists

  • johnoffd
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 24, 2010
      My second Gulf wars was wonderful. Such a bardic high. There were so many things going on, it seems impossible to keep track of all. But I wanted to share with you on the Performing Arts participation this war. Calontir was well represented and enjoyed.

      There were 2 A&S competitions.
      Azenari danced (Hanne as partner) her redaction and presented her research on a 16th C Italian dance, Lovely Nymph
      Hanne Abendschein performed her Old French and English piece from Song of Roland (received a judge's choice award)
      Three Rivers & Champaigne Players (Kajsa, Ravasz, Logan, Helena) presented German play "The Pregnant Farmer" at 3 different venues (received a judge's choice award)

      Warbard Tourney.
      Inspired by Ingeborg's Estrella plan, and with support from their Majesties, Hanne organized/arranged for the Calontir contingent to sing Song of the Shield Wall as the initial entry for the Warbard Tourney. With over 60 people lifting our voices we easily won the award for highest kingdom participation. (The prize was 3 6-pks of S beer. With Calontir being the beer snobs we are, there were still 2 packs left the next day)

      Calontir also had 3 individual entries for Warbard.
      Blackleg Gilman submitted his poem "I Love My Kingdom", read by Hanne
      Wilhajmr Half-troll sang his song "I Live for Calontir"
      Dolan Madoc regaled us with the story of Sheridan's Breach

      Christian d'Hiver led/taught Noontime Singing (period multi-part music) on 4 days
      Constantia and Lucia provided mood music all day at Archery field on Calontir's sponsored day.
      Christian, Constantia and Lucia particiapated in orchestra for various evening Dances

      Green Dragon sponsored the Bardic Press Gang (performers by invitation only)
      Calontir was proud to have Dorcas, Dolan, Simonetta, Rhodri and Christian d'Hiver pour out their souls to us.

      And then of course was nightly singing and stories under the Purple Pavilion and various other encampments.

      Yours in Service,Song and Dance
      Hanne Abendschein
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 24, 2010
        Thanks for this awesome update, Hanne! It's nice to live vicariously through
        others when I can't travel. :)

        Hurray for all the wonderful music and dance going on among the Calontiri!

        Conna