Re: searching for advice

  • Phoenix
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 1 2:32 PM
      I want to hold a class on dances that you can have fun with. now i know its possible to have fun with any dance, but the ball at bellewode showed me that some of them could be extraordinary fun when you just let yourself be fun.

      this would be, in my opinion, a great beginner class but certainly fun for everyone. i was thinking of dances like
      Official Bransle
      Gelosia
      hearts ease
      petite vriens
      i'm thinking maybe heralds in love, but i think those four are great basics in several styles, but they're also great stories, or active and well FUN.

      --- In CalontirDance@yahoogroups.com, Tsire Tuzevo <tsire@...> wrote:

      > What style or theme of dance class are you interested in teaching?
      >
      > To: CalontirDance@yahoogroups.com
      > From: eaglesaerie8413@...
      > Date: Mon, 1 Feb 2010 20:57:32 +0000
      > Subject: [CalontirDance] searching for advice

      > Good folks of the list, on the long lonely trek home from Bellewode it came upon me to tach a dance class at lilies, now having never taught a class in the sca i was hoping for some pointers from those more experienced (pretty much everyone) than i?
      >
      > your input is greatly appreciated.
      >

      > Oddbjorn/Phoenix

    • elena
      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 19 9:31 PM
        Are you thinking about holding dance classes any other time than Lillies? I have several (4) people looking for a regular European dance class in the Barony of Forgotten Sea area but we are willing to drive an hour or so outside of the barony just to find something. Please let me know if you or anyone you know is interested.

        Vivian Moreau

        --- In CalontirDance@yahoogroups.com, Eagle Eyes <eaglesaerie8413@...> wrote:

        > Thanks you very much for your prompt responses, and yes rowan i would appreciate that hand out sometime.
        >
        > this would
        be European dance,

        Message 3 of 10 , Feb 20 6:38 PM
          Vivian

          There wil be a ball at Cheiftians (Three Rivers) and a full day of classes (slanted toward italian) and a ball at Carnival (Vatavia).

          I've also been know to take my show on the road, occasionally and Forgotten Sea is just within range. It sounds like there may be enough interest

          to make a trip worthwile.

          Conrad

          Message 4 of 10 , Feb 22 5:30 AM
            Conrad,
            I believe you were my instructor in Standing Stones and have inspired my little group from Forgotten Sea to continue on with regular dance class. If a trip can be arranged once a month or so we will provide crash space if necessary and be greatly appreciative.

            Vivan