Re: searching for advice

  • Phoenix
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 1, 2010
      I want to hold a class on dances that you can have fun with. now i know its possible to have fun with any dance, but the ball at bellewode showed me that some of them could be extraordinary fun when you just let yourself be fun.

      this would be, in my opinion, a great beginner class but certainly fun for everyone. i was thinking of dances like
      Official Bransle
      Gelosia
      hearts ease
      petite vriens
      i'm thinking maybe heralds in love, but i think those four are great basics in several styles, but they're also great stories, or active and well FUN.

      --- In CalontirDance@yahoogroups.com, Tsire Tuzevo <tsire@...> wrote:

      > What style or theme of dance class are you interested in teaching?
      >
      > To: CalontirDance@yahoogroups.com
      > From: eaglesaerie8413@...
      > Date: Mon, 1 Feb 2010 20:57:32 +0000
      > Subject: [CalontirDance] searching for advice

      > Good folks of the list, on the long lonely trek home from Bellewode it came upon me to tach a dance class at lilies, now having never taught a class in the sca i was hoping for some pointers from those more experienced (pretty much everyone) than i?
      >
      > your input is greatly appreciated.
      >

      > Oddbjorn/Phoenix

    • Phoenix
      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 1, 2010
        I want to hold a class on dances that you can have fun with. now i know its possible to have fun with any dance, but the ball at bellewode showed me that some of them could be extraordinary fun when you just let yourself be fun.

        this would be, in my opinion, a great beginner class but certainly fun for everyone. i was thinking of dances like
        Official Bransle
        Gelosia
        hearts ease
        petite vriens
        i'm thinking maybe heralds in love, but i think those four are great basics in several styles, but they're also great stories, or active and well FUN.

        --- In CalontirDance@yahoogroups.com, Tsire Tuzevo <tsire@...> wrote:

        > What style or theme of dance class are you interested in teaching?
        >
        > To: CalontirDance@yahoogroups.com
        > From: eaglesaerie8413@...
        > Date: Mon, 1 Feb 2010 20:57:32 +0000
        > Subject: [CalontirDance] searching for advice

        > Good folks of the list, on the long lonely trek home from Bellewode it came upon me to tach a dance class at lilies, now having never taught a class in the sca i was hoping for some pointers from those more experienced (pretty much everyone) than i?
        >
        > your input is greatly appreciated.
        >

        > Oddbjorn/Phoenix

      • Rowan
        Message 3 of 10 , Feb 1, 2010
          Assumption - you are talking about a Euroean Dance class
          First: Were you wanting to teach a class around specific dances (eg. EC for
          three couples) or styles (eg. Italian Bali, bransles), to a specific level
          (eg. Italians are simple, begining EC) or a related subject (eg. Dancing
          while wearing a sword, flirting in dance)?
          Second: Do you want to teach this as part of the European Dance track of
          classes at Lilies RUSH or seperate all on your own?
          Third: Contact the peoples in charge of dance classes at Lilies (why - that
          would be me!) or RUSH at Lilies (that would be Cathus)

          What you will need - music player (live or box), show up at your assigned
          class time, know your stuff, bonus points for having cheet sheets for people
          to take home. I have a handout on how to be a dance teacher in the sca if
          you are interested.

          If you are talking Middle Easter Dance Class - Repeat all above advice with
          the subsitution of HL Rahil instead of me for the peoples in charge of dance
          classes. :-)

          HL Rowan Houndskeeper

          From: Tsire Tuzevo <tsire@...>
          To: <calontirdance@yahoogroups.com>
          Date: Mon, 1 Feb 2010 16:15:13 -0600
          Subject: RE: [CalontirDance] searching for advice

          What style or theme of dance class are you interested in teaching?

          To: CalontirDance@yahoogroups.com

          Message 4 of 10 , Feb 1, 2010
            Thanks you very much for your prompt responses, and yes rowan i would appreciate that hand out sometime.

            this would be European dance,
            If this would be said to be a part of any track it would be a beginning dance with less of a concentration on a specific subset but of dances that i've found can be very...... free form... very fun. these are the "story" dances that can be acted or over acted, its a way to have fun with the dance first and perfection of the dance steps second.
            dances like
            petit vriens
            gelosia
            hearts ease
            official brasles
            i would like to add an english country but the only one that jumps is heralds in love.

            these are the dances that i've found where i can make people laugh or smile and get them to forget that they are doing this strange form of dancing and realize that they are having fun.
            now its entirely possible my selection are all within a specific subset of european dances. but as i've told some people before.
            I'm not a dancer i just love to dance.

            I would like to hold this as a part of the EU dance tract at lilies but as i'm still gathering ideas for this and another class i'm hoping to hold, i haven't yet submitted it.

            --- In CalontirDance@yahoogroups.com, "Rowan" <rowan@...> wrote:

            > Assumption - you are talking about a Euroean Dance class
            > First: Were you wanting to teach a class around specific dances (eg. EC for
            > three couples) or styles (eg. Italian Bali, bransles), to a specific level
            > (eg. Italians are simple, begining EC) or a related subject (eg. Dancing
            > while wearing a sword, flirting in dance)?
            > Second: Do you want to teach this as part of the European Dance track of
            > classes at Lilies RUSH or seperate all on your own?
            > Third: Contact the peoples in charge of dance classes at Lilies (why - that
            > would be me!) or RUSH at Lilies (that would be Cathus)
            >
            > What you will need - music player (live or box), show up at your assigned
            > class time, know your stuff, bonus points for having cheet sheets for people
            > to take home. I have a handout on how to be a dance teacher in the sca if
            > you are interested.
            >
            > If you are talking Middle Easter Dance Class - Repeat all above advice with
            > the subsitution of HL Rahil instead of me for the peoples in charge of dance
            > classes. :-)
            >

            > HL Rowan Houndskeeper
            > Barony of Three Rivers, Calontir
            > rowan@...
            >
            > "Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend.
            > Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." - Groucho Marx

          • Eagle Eyes

              Message 6 of 10 , Feb 19, 2010
                Are you thinking about holding dance classes any other time than Lillies? I have several (4) people looking for a regular European dance class in the Barony of Forgotten Sea area but we are willing to drive an hour or so outside of the barony just to find something. Please let me know if you or anyone you know is interested.

                Vivian Moreau

                Message 7 of 10 , Feb 20, 2010
                  Vivian

                  There wil be a ball at Cheiftians (Three Rivers) and a full day of classes (slanted toward italian) and a ball at Carnival (Vatavia).

                  I've also been know to take my show on the road, occasionally and Forgotten Sea is just within range. It sounds like there may be enough interest

                  to make a trip worthwile.

                  Conrad

                  Message 8 of 10 , Feb 22, 2010
                    Conrad,
                    I believe you were my instructor in Standing Stones and have inspired my little group from Forgotten Sea to continue on with regular dance class. If a trip can be arranged once a month or so we will provide crash space if necessary and be greatly appreciative.

                    Vivan