Re: [CalontirDance] Lilies Torchlight Madness and Ball

    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 27 2:04 PM
      I personally thought it was a great idea to have the ball on the same night as
      midnight madness. In reality, I don't know if we got any strays who wandered
      up for shopping and came over for a dance or two. Anyone know?

      And I'd like to know what the merchants thought of it. I'm sure Dragonsflower
      liked it, since we were right by her and she could hear the music. Did we
      really reach the whole merchant area? My perception's lousy.

      Conrad, could you tell if we had more dancers than usual?

      It's a layup for sure that this is a much better alternative than competing
      against torchlight tourney.

      Just my opinion,
      Conna

      Katriana wrote:

      > Would anyone care to offer an opinion on how combining the Torchlight
      > Madness Merchant's event and the Lilies Ball went? My view of the whole
      > thing was limited to the musicians and dancing. The goal was to provide
      > some entertainment for the shoppers (and maybe pull some of them to the
      > ball) and provide entertainment for the dancers between dances (and let
      > them shop)
      >
      > Also comments on the quantity and timing of dance classes if you're so
      > moved :)
      >
      > katriana

      > kansascity.com - win a Daewoo Lanos S - enter here
    • Katriana
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 8, 2000
        Well, in years past we have had a problem with attrition. When people
        wanted to sit out a dance, there was NOTHING to keep them in the area (no
        seats, no light for flirting) By having the sale and ball at the same
        time, hopefully more people stuck around 'til the end. And the ball did
        start later than the sale (outlasted most of the merchants too!) Also,
        hopefully, we could pull some people who hadn't thought about dancing.
        And having the combination of events gives a stronger hold on the night
        against a torchlight tourney (the one thing that definately reduces
        attendance)

        Maybe we can come up with a solution. I'm hoping to hear from some
        merchants about if the ball helped or hindered sales (in their opinion)