Another Request to Learn a Dance

  • ChrisM
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 5, 2010
      The ball list for the Kingdom of Aethelmearc's Twelfth Night has been posted:

      "For the dancing, the following dances are planned:

      Opening Processional
      Carolingian Pavane
      Black Nag
      Heralds in Love
      Earl of Salisbury Pavane
      Rostiboli Gioioso
      Chirintana
      Torch Bransle
      New Boe Peep
      Gelosia
      Mannschaft Pavane
      Official Bransle
      Petit Riens
      Female Sailor
      Hole in the Wall"

      And I note the dance "Chirintana". Does anybody know that dance?

      Clueless, as usual,
      Christian
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 5, 2010
        >And I note the dance "Chirintana". Does anybody know that dance?

        Yep, I do. I will be teaching it at the Bellwode Symposium in my Piva and Salterelli class.
        Recorded music can be found on the 'Whatsoever ye wyll<http://www.gaita.co.uk/CD_Whatsoever.html>' CD by Gaita. I do not know of any sheet music.
        http://www.gaita.co.uk/music_cds.html - they reference a book of arrangements.