RE: [CalontirDance] Resource Guide for Crystal Ball

  • Matt Lagemann
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 21, 2009
      This guy seems to have a lot of filk out there. The one about Firefly is also worth a listen.
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 21, 2009
        No, I am, too.

        -Constantia K.

        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 21, 2009
          Trying again.

          http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AvOnhmMD9WtJdGFCRXVBTnpaazRPWXN3aVBNZk5mSFE&hl=en

          To: CalontirDance@yahoogroups.com
          From: cowtownchick@...
          Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2009 19:52:24 +0000
          Subject: [CalontirDance] Re: Resource Guide for Crystal Ball

          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 21, 2009
            OK so in a effort to improve the peridocity of the fun, what dances could we substitute for the ones listed.

            By substitute I mean a bunch of dancers doing an alternate dance at the same time to the same music?

            Ok some seem beyond hope (i.e. laendler,John Tallow's), but you should be able to do any salterello to 'la Regina or maybe

            a piva to Posties (ok this might cause a minor meltdoen in the irish dancer in me). Are there any others?

            La Chirantana for Trenhemore?

            Galliard for Troika???

            Conrad
          • (no author)
            Message 5 of 7 , Sep 22, 2009
              Conrad,

              Your idea got me thinking in the ways of creative re-use. I agree that Laendler is a lost cause. However, I would be excited to work on a period style choreography for the music for John Tallow's Cannon. The music we use is period - the choreography is not. It would be neat, creative, and fun to work out a more period choreography to go with that stunning piece of music.

              Off to be creative. (that's what the C is for)