Resource Guide for Crystal Ball

    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 21, 2009
      http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AvOnhmMD9WtJdGFCRXVBTnpa

      It's that time of year again. Crystal Ball is approaching!

      In a continued effort to help people know where thier dancing comes from, here's a link to a resource guide for the dances on this year's Crystal Ball set list.

      Enjoy,

    • Matt Lagemann
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 21, 2009
        I am getting a File Not Found. Is that just me?

        Ermenrich

        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 21, 2009
          This guy seems to have a lot of filk out there. The one about Firefly is also worth a listen.
          I am getting a File Not Found. Is that just me?

          Ermenrich
          It's that time of year again. Crystal Ball is approaching!

          In a continued effort to help people know where thier dancing comes from, here's a link to a resource guide for the dances on this year's Crystal Ball set list.

          Enjoy,

        • Rachel
          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 21, 2009
            No, I am, too.

            -Constantia K.

            Message 5 of 7 , Sep 21, 2009
              Trying again.

              http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AvOnhmMD9WtJdGFCRXVBTnpaazRPWXN3aVBNZk5mSFE&hl=en

              To: CalontirDance@yahoogroups.com
              From: cowtownchick@...
              Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2009 19:52:24 +0000
              Subject: [CalontirDance] Re: Resource Guide for Crystal Ball

              Message 6 of 7 , Sep 21, 2009
                OK so in a effort to improve the peridocity of the fun, what dances could we substitute for the ones listed.

                By substitute I mean a bunch of dancers doing an alternate dance at the same time to the same music?

                Ok some seem beyond hope (i.e. laendler,John Tallow's), but you should be able to do any salterello to 'la Regina or maybe

                a piva to Posties (ok this might cause a minor meltdoen in the irish dancer in me). Are there any others?

                La Chirantana for Trenhemore?

                Galliard for Troika???

                Conrad
              • (no author)
                Message 7 of 7 , Sep 22, 2009
                  Conrad,

                  Your idea got me thinking in the ways of creative re-use. I agree that Laendler is a lost cause. However, I would be excited to work on a period style choreography for the music for John Tallow's Cannon. The music we use is period - the choreography is not. It would be neat, creative, and fun to work out a more period choreography to go with that stunning piece of music.

                  Off to be creative. (that's what the C is for)