Dancing in Northshield this July

  • Chris Mortika
    Message 1 of 1 , May 17, 2009
      "Warriors and Warlords" is Northshield's big summer event, jointly produced by the baronies of Nordskogen (Tin Cities) and Jararvettir (Madison) on the weekend after the 4th of July.

      I justreceived the following missive from Mistress Rosanore of Redthorn. (Whome some of you may recegnize as the "Rose" of "Rose and Nefr")

      --Christian

      Dear Christian:

      I'm going to be the coordinator for the dance ball at WW16. Our plan is have a shorter ball as early in the evening as possible on Saturday. We are wanting to be the first party of the evening, in fact, and are hoping to be a very family friendly event that lots of folk of all ages will want to attend. So, in addition to teaching as many of the dances as possible in advance, we will also be teaching during the ball.

      Here is the list of dances, in the order in which we plan to do them.

      Sellenger's Round
      Scottish Bransle

      Jenny Pluck Pears
      Gracca Amorosa

      Horses Bransle
      Rufty Tufty

      Earl of Essex Measure
      Montarde Bransle

      Amoroso
      Madame Sosilia Alman

      If there is enough time, we will also dance:
      Quadran Pavane
      Hearts Ease
      Pease Bransle
      Black Nag