RE: [CalontirDance] Lilies Monday Night "Shattered Crystal Ball"

    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 28 8:59 AM
      http://www.google.com/#hl=en&q=caccia+d%27amore&fp=aaV-kzfDWBk

      http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/negri/transcription/0143.clean.html

      with 10 minutes of searching I can't see where pinwheel or piantone came
      from.

      From: "Sauer, Michael F." <sauerm@...
      <mailto:sauerm%40missouri.edu> >
      To: <CalontirDance@yahoogroups.com
      <mailto:CalontirDance%40yahoogroups.com> >
      Date: Sun, 26 Apr 2009 01:18:59 -0500
      Ball"

      Very nice set list

      Pinagay is not Pinwheel

      As Christian notes there is a Pinagay Bransle.

      The pinwheel game is the last section of the italian dance cacicao
      d'amore
      (or something like that) [the hunt of love]. The music isn't very
      specific
      though. At Belewode we used cantiga 119.

      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 28 1:10 PM
        http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/caroso/transcription/0139.clean.html

        And I believe pinwheel comes from a description of the setup and motion

      • Rowan
        Message 3 of 9 , Sep 9, 2009
          Conrad - can you send me the steps/write up for the dance you taught at
          Lilies that goes to Satarello II?

          HL Rowan Houndskeeper

          Message 4 of 9 , Sep 9, 2009
            Prendente in Gyro (tune: Salterello II [Dead Can Dance version works well]) (Master Ihon Vinson macFergus)

            Circle of couples, as many as will(3 minimum, works best from 5 to 7).

            Steps All salterello (hop on 4th seems to fit best), always alternate starting foot (except the transitions from D to A - A always starts on left).

            Unless otherwise noted all figures take 1 salterello (double).

            4 parts A, B, C, D

            A: [holding inside hands with partner] - In, (back) out,

            Drop hands, with R hands, ½ circle right with partner, switch hands ½ circle left

            ½ circle right with next person, ladies face in, pick up inside hands. [Person you are currently dancing with becomes new partner]

            B: In, convert (1/2 circle with partner, lords going back, ladies forward), out (forward),

            Drop hands, with R hands, ½ circle right with partner, switch hands ½ circle left with partner

            C: Hey[no hands], starting R shoulders (4 doubles) lords CCW, ladies CW (pass current partner first), pass 4 people.

            [The 5th person is your new partner.]

            D: ½ circle left with partner (note this completes a full circle with partner started in part B)

            Full circle around next person [no hands] (Lords CCW, Ladies CW) with R shoulders in 2 doubles,

            Full circle around partner (Lords CW, Ladies CCW) with L shoulders in 2 doubles,

            Full circle around next person (Lords CCW, Ladies CW) with R shoulders in 2 doubles [this person becomes new partner]

            Finale: In, out; honors

            Pattern

            A, B, C;

            A, B. D;