RE: [CalontirDance] Lilies Monday Night "Shattered Crystal Ball"

    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 28, 2009
      I thought it was Piantone, but not real sure. On the google translator
      that translates to 'set' (piantare)

      But as least it's a word. No translation to pinwheel on that site.

      Trying to translate wheel, causes my browser to crash.

      Conrad

      From: "Sauer, Michael F." <sauerm@...
      <mailto:sauerm%40missouri.edu> >
      To: <CalontirDance@yahoogroups.com
      <mailto:CalontirDance%40yahoogroups.com> >
      Date: Sun, 26 Apr 2009 01:18:59 -0500
      Ball"

      Very nice set list

      Pinagay is not Pinwheel

      As Christian notes there is a Pinagay Bransle.

      The pinwheel game is the last section of the italian dance cacicao
      d'amore
      (or something like that) [the hunt of love]. The music isn't very
      specific
      though. At Belewode we used cantiga 119.

      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 28, 2009
        http://www.google.com/#hl=en&q=caccia+d%27amore&fp=aaV-kzfDWBk

        http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/negri/transcription/0143.clean.html

        with 10 minutes of searching I can't see where pinwheel or piantone came
        from.

        From: "Sauer, Michael F." <sauerm@...
        <mailto:sauerm%40missouri.edu> >
        To: <CalontirDance@yahoogroups.com
        <mailto:CalontirDance%40yahoogroups.com> >
        Date: Sun, 26 Apr 2009 01:18:59 -0500

        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 28, 2009
          http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/caroso/transcription/0139.clean.html

          And I believe pinwheel comes from a description of the setup and motion

        • Rowan
          Message 4 of 9 , Sep 9, 2009
            Conrad - can you send me the steps/write up for the dance you taught at
            Lilies that goes to Satarello II?

            HL Rowan Houndskeeper

            Message 5 of 9 , Sep 9, 2009
              Prendente in Gyro (tune: Salterello II [Dead Can Dance version works well]) (Master Ihon Vinson macFergus)

              Circle of couples, as many as will(3 minimum, works best from 5 to 7).

              Steps All salterello (hop on 4th seems to fit best), always alternate starting foot (except the transitions from D to A - A always starts on left).

              Unless otherwise noted all figures take 1 salterello (double).

              4 parts A, B, C, D

              A: [holding inside hands with partner] - In, (back) out,

              Drop hands, with R hands, ½ circle right with partner, switch hands ½ circle left

              ½ circle right with next person, ladies face in, pick up inside hands. [Person you are currently dancing with becomes new partner]

              B: In, convert (1/2 circle with partner, lords going back, ladies forward), out (forward),

              Drop hands, with R hands, ½ circle right with partner, switch hands ½ circle left with partner

              C: Hey[no hands], starting R shoulders (4 doubles) lords CCW, ladies CW (pass current partner first), pass 4 people.

              [The 5th person is your new partner.]

              D: ½ circle left with partner (note this completes a full circle with partner started in part B)

              Full circle around next person [no hands] (Lords CCW, Ladies CW) with R shoulders in 2 doubles,

              Full circle around partner (Lords CW, Ladies CCW) with L shoulders in 2 doubles,

              Full circle around next person (Lords CCW, Ladies CW) with R shoulders in 2 doubles [this person becomes new partner]

              Finale: In, out; honors

              Pattern

              A, B, C;

              A, B. D;