RE: [CalontirDance] Lilies Monday Night "Shattered Crystal Ball"

  • Rowan
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 28, 2009
      Hey anyone know how to spell Pinwheel in Italian?
      Right now I'm putting it into the booklet as Pinatone but I think I'm off.

      The Lilies Ball will be using the cantiga for this dance.

      HL Rowan Houndskeeper

      From: "Sauer, Michael F." <sauerm@...>
      To: <CalontirDance@yahoogroups.com>
      Date: Sun, 26 Apr 2009 01:18:59 -0500
      Subject: RE: [CalontirDance] Lilies Monday Night "Shattered Crystal Ball"

      Very nice set list

      Pinagay is not Pinwheel

      As Christian notes there is a Pinagay Bransle.

      The pinwheel game is the last section of the italian dance cacicao d'amore
      (or something like that) [the hunt of love]. The music isn't very specific
      though. At Belewode we used cantiga 119.

      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 28, 2009
        I thought it was Piantone, but not real sure. On the google translator
        that translates to 'set' (piantare)

        But as least it's a word. No translation to pinwheel on that site.

        Trying to translate wheel, causes my browser to crash.

        Conrad

        Hey anyone know how to spell Pinwheel in Italian?
        Right now I'm putting it into the booklet as Pinatone but I think I'm
        off.

        The Lilies Ball will be using the cantiga for this dance.

        HL Rowan Houndskeeper
        Barony of Three Rivers, Calontir
        rowan@... <mailto:rowan%40french.toast.net>

        From: "Sauer, Michael F." <sauerm@...
        <mailto:sauerm%40missouri.edu> >
        To: <CalontirDance@yahoogroups.com
        <mailto:CalontirDance%40yahoogroups.com> >
        Date: Sun, 26 Apr 2009 01:18:59 -0500
        Ball"

        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 28, 2009
          http://www.google.com/#hl=en&q=caccia+d%27amore&fp=aaV-kzfDWBk

          http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/negri/transcription/0143.clean.html

          with 10 minutes of searching I can't see where pinwheel or piantone came
          from.

          From: "Sauer, Michael F." <sauerm@...
          <mailto:sauerm%40missouri.edu> >
          To: <CalontirDance@yahoogroups.com
          <mailto:CalontirDance%40yahoogroups.com> >
          Date: Sun, 26 Apr 2009 01:18:59 -0500

          Message 4 of 9 , Apr 28, 2009
            http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/caroso/transcription/0139.clean.html

            And I believe pinwheel comes from a description of the setup and motion

          • Rowan
            Message 5 of 9 , Sep 9, 2009
              Conrad - can you send me the steps/write up for the dance you taught at
              Lilies that goes to Satarello II?

              HL Rowan Houndskeeper

              Message 6 of 9 , Sep 9, 2009
                Prendente in Gyro (tune: Salterello II [Dead Can Dance version works well]) (Master Ihon Vinson macFergus)

                Circle of couples, as many as will(3 minimum, works best from 5 to 7).

                Steps All salterello (hop on 4th seems to fit best), always alternate starting foot (except the transitions from D to A - A always starts on left).

                Unless otherwise noted all figures take 1 salterello (double).

                4 parts A, B, C, D

                A: [holding inside hands with partner] - In, (back) out,

                Drop hands, with R hands, ½ circle right with partner, switch hands ½ circle left

                ½ circle right with next person, ladies face in, pick up inside hands. [Person you are currently dancing with becomes new partner]

                B: In, convert (1/2 circle with partner, lords going back, ladies forward), out (forward),

                Drop hands, with R hands, ½ circle right with partner, switch hands ½ circle left with partner

                C: Hey[no hands], starting R shoulders (4 doubles) lords CCW, ladies CW (pass current partner first), pass 4 people.

                [The 5th person is your new partner.]

                D: ½ circle left with partner (note this completes a full circle with partner started in part B)

                Full circle around next person [no hands] (Lords CCW, Ladies CW) with R shoulders in 2 doubles,

                Full circle around partner (Lords CW, Ladies CCW) with L shoulders in 2 doubles,

                Full circle around next person (Lords CCW, Ladies CW) with R shoulders in 2 doubles [this person becomes new partner]

                Finale: In, out; honors

                Pattern

                A, B, C;

                A, B. D;