RE: [CalontirDance] Lilies Monday Night "Shattered Crystal Ball"

    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 25, 2009
      Very nice set list

      Pinagay is not Pinwheel

      As Christian notes there is a Pinagay Bransle.

      The pinwheel game is the last section of the italian dance cacicao d'amore (or something like that) [the hunt of love]. The music isn't very specific though. At Belewode we used cantiga 119.

      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 26, 2009
        I thought Piantone was something different than the end of LaCaccia. Which one has the 'hunt & chase' sequence as the ending section if it is not La Caccia?

        To: CalontirDance@yahoogroups.com

        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 28, 2009
          Hey anyone know how to spell Pinwheel in Italian?
          Right now I'm putting it into the booklet as Pinatone but I think I'm off.

          The Lilies Ball will be using the cantiga for this dance.

          HL Rowan Houndskeeper

          Message 4 of 9 , Apr 28, 2009
            I thought it was Piantone, but not real sure. On the google translator
            that translates to 'set' (piantare)

            But as least it's a word. No translation to pinwheel on that site.

            Trying to translate wheel, causes my browser to crash.

            Conrad

            Hey anyone know how to spell Pinwheel in Italian?
            Right now I'm putting it into the booklet as Pinatone but I think I'm
            off.

            The Lilies Ball will be using the cantiga for this dance.

            HL Rowan Houndskeeper
            Barony of Three Rivers, Calontir
            rowan@... <mailto:rowan%40french.toast.net>

            From: "Sauer, Michael F." <sauerm@...
            <mailto:sauerm%40missouri.edu> >
            To: <CalontirDance@yahoogroups.com
            <mailto:CalontirDance%40yahoogroups.com> >
            Date: Sun, 26 Apr 2009 01:18:59 -0500

            Message 5 of 9 , Apr 28, 2009
              http://www.google.com/#hl=en&q=caccia+d%27amore&fp=aaV-kzfDWBk

              http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/negri/transcription/0143.clean.html

              with 10 minutes of searching I can't see where pinwheel or piantone came
              from.

              From: "Sauer, Michael F." <sauerm@...
              <mailto:sauerm%40missouri.edu> >
              To: <CalontirDance@yahoogroups.com
              <mailto:CalontirDance%40yahoogroups.com> >
              Date: Sun, 26 Apr 2009 01:18:59 -0500

              Message 6 of 9 , Apr 28, 2009
                http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/caroso/transcription/0139.clean.html

                And I believe pinwheel comes from a description of the setup and motion

              • Rowan
                Message 7 of 9 , Sep 9, 2009
                  Conrad - can you send me the steps/write up for the dance you taught at
                  Lilies that goes to Satarello II?

                  HL Rowan Houndskeeper

                  Message 8 of 9 , Sep 9, 2009
                    Prendente in Gyro (tune: Salterello II [Dead Can Dance version works well]) (Master Ihon Vinson macFergus)

                    Circle of couples, as many as will(3 minimum, works best from 5 to 7).

                    Steps All salterello (hop on 4th seems to fit best), always alternate starting foot (except the transitions from D to A - A always starts on left).

                    Unless otherwise noted all figures take 1 salterello (double).

                    4 parts A, B, C, D

                    A: [holding inside hands with partner] - In, (back) out,

                    Drop hands, with R hands, ½ circle right with partner, switch hands ½ circle left

                    ½ circle right with next person, ladies face in, pick up inside hands. [Person you are currently dancing with becomes new partner]

                    B: In, convert (1/2 circle with partner, lords going back, ladies forward), out (forward),

                    Drop hands, with R hands, ½ circle right with partner, switch hands ½ circle left with partner

                    C: Hey[no hands], starting R shoulders (4 doubles) lords CCW, ladies CW (pass current partner first), pass 4 people.

                    [The 5th person is your new partner.]

                    D: ½ circle left with partner (note this completes a full circle with partner started in part B)

                    Full circle around next person [no hands] (Lords CCW, Ladies CW) with R shoulders in 2 doubles,

                    Full circle around partner (Lords CW, Ladies CCW) with L shoulders in 2 doubles,

                    Full circle around next person (Lords CCW, Ladies CW) with R shoulders in 2 doubles [this person becomes new partner]

                    Finale: In, out; honors

                    Pattern

                    A, B, C;

                    A, B. D;