Lilies Dance Activities

  • Rowan
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 20 11:48 AM
      Hi all!
      I'm still looking for teachers for Lilies. I've got at least 3 hours where
      I have no class to offer! I'm got alot more classes that I have no definate
      teacher for. Help! I don't want to have to cover all these myself.
      Classes can be moved around on what day they are offered or otherwise
      adjusted to meet your schedule needs. Any classes that someone really wants
      to see? I'll try to find an instructor.
      Here is what we have so far for dance fun at Liles.

      Sat 6/13
      10am – Almans for All Good Gentlemen (and Ladies): What every gentleman
      was expected to know. Learn a selection of the Alman dances from the Inns of
      Courts. (Beginner) Instructor: Ly Hanne
      11am –
      1pm - Easy Peasy English Country Dance: The basics of English Country dance
      – cover the basic steps and general formula then learn to apply them to a
      dance. (Beginner) Instructor: TBD (Constantia?)
      2pm – English Country Line Dances: No “boot-scooting” involved.
      Dances in line sets of three or four couples. (Beginner/Intermediate)
      Instructor: TBD
      Sun 6/14
      10am – Dances for Anyone: Simple period dances that anyone can learn –
      even Squires! A selection of European dances from each of the major styles.
      (Beginner) Instructor: TBD
      11am – Dances in the Period Style: Come learn some of the dances that
      have been created (rather than re-created) by SCA members. It’s the
      Society for “Creative” Anachronism after all. (Beginner/Intermediate)
      Instructor Ld Ermenich
      1pm – English Country Circle Dances: Circle up and do your dancing in a
      round. (Beginner/Intermediate) Instructor: Arina
      2pm – English Country Square Dances: Square dancing had to come from
      somewhere right? J (Beginner/Intermediate) Instructor: Arina
      Mon 6/15
      10am
      11am
      1pm - Italians are Simple: Covers the basic steps of Italian dance and some
      simple 14th c. Balli dances. (Beginner) Instructor: Ly Azenari
      2pm - Italians are Sexy: Italian dance was all about flirting and your
      performance (wink) – learn to dance dances from a light flirtation to the
      serious affair. (Intermediate) Instructor: Ly Azenari
      Monday night ~7pm Shattered Crystal/MidRealm is sponsoring a night of social
      dance
      Tues 6/16
      10am – Progression Dances: Progress your place in the dance
      (Beginner/Intermediate) Instructor TBD
      11am – Arbeau’s Bransles: Basic, mixed, or mimed; as a single dance or
      in a suite - the dances are all still so very French! (Beginner)
      Instructor HE Philipe
      1pm – New English Country Dances: Not your old familiar EC dances.
      Reconstructed dances from Playford. (Beginner/Intermediate) Instructor: HL
      Cathus the Curious
      2pm – More New English Country Dances: Even more recently reconstructed
      dances from the Playford project. (Beginner/Intermediate) Instructor: HL
      Cathus the Curious
      Wed 6/17
      10am - Ball Review: Come practice the dances for the 23rd Lilies Grand Ball.
      Drop in and make your requests from the Ball list (Various). Instructor:
      TBD
      1pm - Ball Review: Come practice the dances for the 23rd Lilies Grand Ball.
      Drop in and make your requests from the Ball list (Various). Instructor:
      TBD
      2pm - Ball Review: Come practice the dances for the 23rd Lilies Grand Ball.
      Drop in and make your requests from the Ball list (Various). Instructor:
      TBD
      3pm - Ball Review: Come practice the dances for the 23rd Lilies Grand Ball.
      Drop in and make your requests from the Ball list (Various). Instructor:
      TBD
      Wed night ~7pm Lilies XXIII Grand Ball
      Thurs 6/18
      10am – SOOP and GOOP: They fall outside of the SCA’s stated “pre-17th
      century Europe” but they are danced around the Known World none the less.
      Learn the “Some-what Out Of Period” and “Grossly Out Of Period”
      dances done in the SCA anyway. (Beginner/Intermediate) Instructor: TBD
      1pm - Dance Games: Play with your dances! Come learn the Pinwheel, the
      Tangle, and more! (Beginner) Instructor: TBD
      2pm – Flirting in Dance: Period dance is about a flirting and having fun!
      Learn to flirt the period way while you dance. Instructor: Ly Azenari
      Thurs night after court - Pick up dancing at the crossroads (in front of
      Fernando’s tent).
      Fri 6/19
      1pm – Competitions and Showcases: Tips for performances. How to write kick
      ass dance documentation. And other hints from a dance master. (Any)
      Instructor: TBD (Conrad or Tsire?)
      2pm – Display Dances: More advanced dances for those that want to stretch
      their wings (and legs). (Advanced) Instructor: TBD (Conrad or Tsire?)
      Sat 6/20
      1-4pm – HL Edwardus and Triamris will sponsor an afternoon of dancer and
      musician fun. Triamris brings a bit of dances new to Calontir, bit of
      Caroso style ball, a bit of mingling, and a lot of fun. Drop by anytime and
      stay to play.

      HL Rowan Houndskeeper