Music for Lillies Dance

  • Stephen Allie
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 5, 2009
      I attended the Bellewode event this weekend and really enjoyed the music sessions. Christian and Kasha hosted the classes that I was able to attend and I really was able to get a lot of information from them. I looked at some of the postings on this site and saw that there is a ball planned for Lillies. Would it be possible to get a listing of the dance music songs usually played (and what key they are in in case there are other versions) and where the sheet music can be purchased so I can practice before Lillies? I would like to sit in, if possible.

      Sinead
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 7, 2009
        You may not have seen this information yet, but in addition to the Lilies
        Ball on Wednesday night, our good friends from the Barony of Shattered
        Crystal in the Midrealm will host a dance party on Monday night. And HL
        Neathery I believe will be sponsoring a Pilgrimage using last year's tune
        and maybe a new tune (Cantiga 100) selected by Lady Brighid. Lots of music
        opportunities at Lilies--hope you can join in the fun. :)

        Hurray for more musicians!

        Conna

        On Sun, Apr 5, 2009 at 7:53 PM, Stephen Allie <allies@...> wrote:

        > I attended the Bellewode event this weekend and really enjoyed the music
        > sessions. Christian and Kasha hosted the classes that I was able to attend
        > and I really was able to get a lot of information from them. I looked at
        > some of the postings on this site and saw that there is a ball planned for
        > Lillies. Would it be possible to get a listing of the dance music songs
        > usually played (and what key they are in in case there are other versions)
        > and where the sheet music can be purchased so I can practice before Lillies?
        > I would like to sit in, if possible.
        >
        > Sinead

      • lucia_b3r
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 8, 2009
          Greetings Sinead,

          I will be wrangling the Lilies Ball on Wednesday evening at the war. I'd be delighted to have you sit in with us. I am currently working on a website that will list a lot of info about dance & music at the war and hope to have it deployed within the next few days. I'll post here though, as soon as I have the music list finalized, as well as announcing when the website is live. Feel free to email me in the meantime if you have any questions.

          Thanks for your interest!

          Lucia