Re: Bellewode Ball Thank Yous

  • Constantia/Rachel
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 6 6:32 AM
      My experience was incredibly good, and yes, I do think a Caroso-style ball is a great idea. Breaks were adequate, and yes, the index cards were, I think, an inspired touch. Even if you could alternate between years (a Caroso one year and then the format we used last year), I think it could work well in a lot of aspects. That's just me, though.

      -Constantia K.

      --- In CalontirDance@yahoogroups.com, Matt Lagemann <mlagemann@...> wrote:

      > I wanted to thank everyone on this list that attended and helped out with the Bellewode Ball.
      >
      > To the musicians, thank you all ever so much for the work that you do to make dancing a reality in the SCA. Ipods may work for a class but nothing can replace a good pit.
      >
      > To the dancers, thank you for coming to support our ball and for helping with the running of it (whether that was teaching a dance I was not 100% on) supporting a dance by being a warm body, or just encouraging new people to come out and try dancing.
      >
      > I know the format was a little different then usual and I would love feedback on what people thought of it. Were the index cards helpful? Did the dance flow easily enough? Were the breaks between sets adequate? Anything we should consider for next year? Is this even a format of dancing we want to look at repeating? Any comments are welcome either on the list or privately.
      >
      > Thanks again,
      > Ermenrich

    • pitykelfin
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 6 4:52 PM
        I also wanted to thank everyone for coming, especially the musicians who taught classes and played in the pit. Thank you!

        --Kasha

        For those who are interested, the following dances were danced:
        Black Alman
        Carolingian Pavane
        Cascarda da Gracca Amorosa
        Confesse
        Gathering Peascods
        Heart's Ease
        Heralds in Love
        Horses Bransle
        Jenny Pluck Pears
        Lovers' Braid
        Ly Bens Distonys
        My Lady Cullen
        Official Bransle
        Petit Riens
        Piantone
        Picking of Sticks
        Scotch Cap
        Sellenger's Round
        Trenchmore
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 7 3:14 PM
          I had a fabulous time at the event! What a lot of fun I had at the ball! The
          pit was wonderful, and the classes were really terrific. Thanks for
          organizing everything!

          Conna