Bellewode Ball Thank Yous

  • Matt Lagemann
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 6 6:04 AM
      I wanted to thank everyone on this list that attended and helped out with the Bellewode Ball.

      To the musicians, thank you all ever so much for the work that you do to make dancing a reality in the SCA. Ipods may work for a class but nothing can replace a good pit.

      To the dancers, thank you for coming to support our ball and for helping with the running of it (whether that was teaching a dance I was not 100% on) supporting a dance by being a warm body, or just encouraging new people to come out and try dancing.

      I know the format was a little different then usual and I would love feedback on what people thought of it. Were the index cards helpful? Did the dance flow easily enough? Were the breaks between sets adequate? Anything we should consider for next year? Is this even a format of dancing we want to look at repeating? Any comments are welcome either on the list or privately.

      Thanks again,
      Ermenrich

    • Constantia/Rachel
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 6 6:32 AM
        My experience was incredibly good, and yes, I do think a Caroso-style ball is a great idea. Breaks were adequate, and yes, the index cards were, I think, an inspired touch. Even if you could alternate between years (a Caroso one year and then the format we used last year), I think it could work well in a lot of aspects. That's just me, though.

        -Constantia K.

        --- In CalontirDance@yahoogroups.com, Matt Lagemann <mlagemann@...> wrote:

        > I wanted to thank everyone on this list that attended and helped out with the Bellewode Ball.
        >
        > To the musicians, thank you all ever so much for the work that you do to make dancing a reality in the SCA. Ipods may work for a class but nothing can replace a good pit.
        >
        > To the dancers, thank you for coming to support our ball and for helping with the running of it (whether that was teaching a dance I was not 100% on) supporting a dance by being a warm body, or just encouraging new people to come out and try dancing.
        >
        > I know the format was a little different then usual and I would love feedback on what people thought of it. Were the index cards helpful? Did the dance flow easily enough? Were the breaks between sets adequate? Anything we should consider for next year? Is this even a format of dancing we want to look at repeating? Any comments are welcome either on the list or privately.
        >
        > Thanks again,
        > Ermenrich

      • pitykelfin
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 6 4:52 PM
          I also wanted to thank everyone for coming, especially the musicians who taught classes and played in the pit. Thank you!

          --Kasha

          For those who are interested, the following dances were danced:
          Black Alman
          Carolingian Pavane
          Cascarda da Gracca Amorosa
          Confesse
          Gathering Peascods
          Heart's Ease
          Heralds in Love
          Horses Bransle
          Jenny Pluck Pears
          Lovers' Braid
          Ly Bens Distonys
          My Lady Cullen
          Official Bransle
          Petit Riens
          Piantone
          Picking of Sticks
          Scotch Cap
          Sellenger's Round
          Trenchmore
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 7 3:14 PM
            I had a fabulous time at the event! What a lot of fun I had at the ball! The
            pit was wonderful, and the classes were really terrific. Thanks for
            organizing everything!

            Conna