Re: Attention Musicians: Bellewode Event

  • Chris Mortika
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 29, 2009
      --- In CalontirDance@yahoogroups.com, Iia Kasha Alekseeva <pitykelfin@...> wrote:

      > I've also had requests for Burgundian Bransle, Cuckolds All A Row,
      > Half Hannigan, If All the World Were Paper, Kempp's Jeg, New Alman, and
      > Parson's Farewell, but I don't have the music for any of them.

      BURGUNDIAN BRANSLE

      (There doesn't seem to be any YouTube videos of this dance or music. That's a hole we might fillÂ…)

      David Yardley's arrangement:
      http:/sca.uwaterloo.ca/~praetzel/Del/www.sca.org.au/del/ddb/music/arbeau_burgundian_bransle_david.pdf

      Steve Hendricks' arrangement:
      http://sca.uwaterloo.ca/Hendricks/Arbeau/double.pdf

      CUCKOLDS ALL IN A ROW

      Cynnabar dancers, to what might be recorded music:
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DCeMghrVaU

      Phaedria arrangement:
      http://sca.uwaterloo.ca/~praetzel/phaedria/CUCKOLDS.pdf

      Steve Hendricks' arrangement:
      http://sca.uwaterloo.ca/Hendricks/Playford_new/cuckolds.pdf

      HALF HANNIGAN / HANNIKIN

      A snippet of some folks dancing it:
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ht1taPYLZps

      Phaedria's arrangement:
      http://sca.uwaterloo.ca/~praetzel/phaedria/HALFE_H.pdf

      Steve Hendricks' arrangement:
      http://sca.uwaterloo.ca/Hendricks/Playford_new/halfhann.pdf

      IF ALL THE WORLD WERE PAPER

      Bryn Gwlad Music Guild performance (MP3):
      http://ieee.uwaterloo.ca/praetzel/mp3-cd/tod_3/13paper.mp3

      Somebody not performing for dancers:
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jq-2V65NyGM&feature=related

      Steve Hendricks' arrangement:
      http://sca.uwaterloo.ca/Hendricks/Playford_new/if_all.pdf

      KEMP'S JIG

      A bored guitarist:
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9uXyHi08co

      Here's a common arrangement for guitar:
      http://musicaviva.com/harp/music.tpl?filnavn=kemps-jig-f-hrp1

      Steve Hendricks' arrangement:
      http://sca.uwaterloo.ca/Hendricks/Playford_new/kempsjig.pdf

      NEW ALMAN
      This seems to be a very simple dance:
      http://sca.uwaterloo.ca/~praetzel/dances/Eric/NewA.txt

      Phaedria's arrangement:
      http://sca.uwaterloo.ca/~praetzel/phaedria/NEW_ALMA.pdf

      Alaric MacConnal's arrangement:
      http://sca.uwaterloo.ca/~praetzel/alaric/new_al.pdf

      PARSON'S FAREWELL

      Here's what it sounds like:
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKU52AI7W7g

      Facsimile of Marshal Barron's arrangement: http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/lod/vol1/daniparson.html

      Steve Hendricks' arrangement:
      http://sca.uwaterloo.ca/Hendricks/Playford_new/parson.pdf

      --in service
      Christian
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 30, 2009
        Thanks for the info, Kasha! I think the ball sounds like it's going to be a
        lot of fun, and I'm really looking forward to it.

        See everyone there!
        Conna

      • lucia_b3r
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 2 3:36 PM
          Kasha, your plans for this weekend's event sound great! I'm really looking forward to both playing and attending some fantastic-sounding classes.

          I also wanted to let you folks know that I'm planning to work on- and hopefully publish the Lilies Dance & Music webpages next week. (Here's a url for last year's site so you can get an idea of what I'm talking about: http://calontir.sca.org/lilieswar/lilies22/MusicDance/cmd_home.html ) If you're planning to run any classes, please copy me on the info. (By the way, this mean *in addition to* submitting the classes to HM Arial via the on-line form.) Rowan and Christian, may I ask you for photos so people will know who to look for, for info about dance and the Monday evening ball?

          If anyone has any questions about the webpages, please look me up at the event this weekend.

          Best,
          Lucia