RE: [CalontirDance] Bellewode Ball List

    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 23, 2009
      A very nice list.

      I agree with Tsire on Confesse and Bizzaria (now that many know Gracca
      Amorosa its time to introduce another fun but flashy dance).

      I do have one question, is there a particular reason to include Female
      Sailor. Is this a crossover between sca and other period dance

      groups in Kirksville? ? I like it a lot, but its dangerously close to
      GOOP.

      "It was originally French and included in Raoul-Augur Feuillet's 1703
      Recueil de contredanse along with a longways proper dance,

      'La Matelotte', which Feuillet had himself written to go with the tune.
      In 1710 John Essex published a translation of this work,

      For the Further Improvement of Dancing, in which the dance is given as
      'The Female Saylor'."

      It is interesting that it's a French dance in an otherwise English dance
      type

      Saturday Night , Sunday Morning is a good more period replacement for it
      that includes gypsies if that's one to the attractions.

      http://www.shipbrook.com/jeff/playford/94.html

      ====================

      Black Almain
      Carolingian Pavane
      Queen's Alman

      Gathering Peascods
      Grimstock
      Heart's Ease
      Heralds in Love
      Jenny Pluck Pears
      Lovers' Braid
      New New Nothing
      Rufty Tufty
      Sellenger's Round
      Female Sailor
      My Lady Cullen

      Horses Bransle
      Ly Bens Distonys
      Maltese Bransle
      Official Bransle

      Amoroso
      Petit Riens
      Rostiboli Gioioso
      Ballo del Fiore
      Piantone
      Cascarda da Gracca Amorosa

      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 23, 2009
        Good points Conrad. Thanks for pointing that out.
        Take you opportunity folks...I'm too preoccupied with the newborn to argue with people.
        LOL!

      • Rowan
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 27, 2009
          Do we only have the one track of dance classes?
          Hanne was wanting to try to teach a class on Almans if you all have room for
          one more class

          HL Rowan Houndskeeper

        • Rowan
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 27, 2009
            All,
            I need dance teachers for Lilies!!!
            We have 3+ hours of dance a day to fill.
            So far I have only 3 classes with teachers - all english country.
            Help!

            I'll be bugging you all again at Bellewood :-)

            HL Rowan Houndskeeper