Bellewode

  • Chris Mortika
    Message 1 of 13 , Mar 22, 2009
      Ermenrich,

      Thank you for the list. It looks great.

      What is "Lover's Braid"?

      --Christian
    • Matt Lagemann
      Message 2 of 13 , Mar 22, 2009
        Lovers Braid is a dance I created in the Style of English Country for Queen's Prize. Kasha has the music for it (she wrote it).

        Ermenrich
        Message 3 of 13 , Feb 7, 2011
          So far, it's only Hanne and me teaching at this thing. Let's fix that.
          Please submit your classes to the nice people at Bellewode, they, and I, would appreciate it.

          Tzippi
          Message 4 of 13 , Feb 8, 2011
            So what is being taught?

            Conrad

            Message 5 of 13 , Feb 8, 2011
              https://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=0Aigsu13OS-EhdHlQNzY3Wk5vbFFuQVZLSS1hSXkyR0E&hl=en&output=html

              Classes can be found here...
              (I've had a few people say the link is dead, if you see this, PM me
              and I will see what's going on. I can see it fine, but I'm not sure if
              that's cause I am the docs.google creator or not.)

              Beginning European Dance
              English Dance Fundamentals
              Italian Dance Fundamentals
              Intro Middle Eastern Dance
              Prexonara (Prisoner of Love)

              Are the classes specifically for dance however, we have 3 slots still
              open in the dance rooms, but would be MORE than happy to open another
              room or few.

              Leonardus O
              Autocrat
              di vos incolumes custodiant

              For Kingdom, For Brothers, For Lovers, it is for these that I fight.
              It is for them that I die.

              On Tue, Feb 8, 2011 at 9:48 AM, Sauer, Michael F. <sauerm@...> wrote:
              > So what is being taught?
              >
              > Conrad

            • Sarah Kaiser
              Message 6 of 13 , Feb 8, 2011
                I'm doing a Fundamental workshop 1 hour English, 1hour Italian and a 1 hour class on the Prexonera d'Amore choreography. The the best of my shoddy memory, Hanne is doing an Intro/Ball review course.

                Message 7 of 13 , Feb 8, 2011
                  I'm so happy to see Prexonara as a class. Sadly this will make me unavailable to teach at 1.

                  So what should we do in the 3 pm slot? A ball review or some special interest class?

                  Perhaps an ECD class after Hanne's or a 1 PM?

                  What would people like to see/learn?

                  Conrad

                  On Tue, Feb 8, 2011 at 9:48 AM, Sauer, Michael F. <sauerm@...<mailto:sauerm%40missouri.edu>> wrote:
                  > So what is being taught?
                  >
                  > Conrad

                • Sarah Kaiser
                  Message 8 of 13 , Feb 8, 2011
                    I'd like to see a 15th C Italian class, or a galliard class.
                    :)

                    Message 9 of 13 , Feb 8, 2011
                      I just put in to do a ‘fun with piva’ class for 11 that will use 15th c it as examples of how to work in variations
                      dnd not just follow the leader in some of the more freeform dances.

                      On Feb 8, 2011, at 10:26 AM, "Sauer, Michael F." <sauerm@...<mailto:sauerm%40missouri.edu>> wrote:

                      > I'm so happy to see Prexonara as a class. Sadly this will make me unavailable to teach at 1.
                      >
                      > So what should we do in the 3 pm slot? A ball review or some special interest class?
                      >
                      > Perhaps an ECD class after Hanne's or a 1 PM?
                      >
                      > What would people like to see/learn?
                      >
                      > Conrad

                    • Albizzi
                      Message 10 of 13 , Feb 8, 2011
                        Unfortunately I am already teaching multiple classes in other tracks or I would.

                        Zino

                        --- In CalontirDance@yahoogroups.com, Sarah Kaiser <sarahkaiserstl@...> wrote:

                        > So far, it's only Hanne and me teaching at this thing. Let's fix that.
                        > Please submit your classes to the nice people at Bellewode, they, and I, would appreciate it.
                        >
                        > Tzippi

                      • Albizzi
                        Message 11 of 13 , Feb 9, 2011
                          I would love to see a class on 16th century transitional dance forms that lead to the classical forms like ballet (like what elements existed at the end of period that pointed dance in that direction) or something like that. But that is just my weird brain working.

                          Zino
                          Message 12 of 13 , Feb 9, 2011
                            In a purely along the way sort of self study. I would say that anything that I consider transitional to what are now considered classical forms did not start until the 17th cent, at least in a pure dance form.
                            It's possible that stage or opera has some of those elements earlier.

                            Conrad

                            Message 13 of 13 , Feb 9, 2011
                              Look to the baletti for classic forms in thier nascence. Look to the 16th century cascades for the pas de deux performance style gaining provenance and for things like fouetté to emerge. Look to the French galliard for some of the jette movements and the Volta for the lifts.
                              I could go on, but suffice to say, you can certainly find examples in period that beget many of our modern forms of dance.

                              Tzippi