RE: [CalontirDance] Bellewode Ball List

    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 21 6:45 PM
      Confesse, Bizzaria d'Amore

      To: CalontirDance@yahoogroups.com
      From: mlagemann@...
      Date: Sat, 21 Mar 2009 17:39:56 +0000
      Subject: [CalontirDance] Bellewode Ball List

      Here is a list of 24 songs Bellewode plans to have for the ball. We would like to have a few more (due to the structure of this ball we thought having more would be better so people could choose). What is not on this list that you would like to dance? You can either email the list or email me personally at mlagemann@....

      1. Black Almain

      2. Carolingian Pavane

      3. Gathering Peascods

      4. Grimstock

      5. Heart's Ease

      6. Heralds in Love

      7. Horses Bransle

      8. Jenny Pluck Pears

      9. Lovers' Braid

      10. Ly Bens Distonys

      11. Maltese Bransle

      12. New New Nothing

      13. Official Bransle

      14. Queen's Alman

      15. Rufty Tufty

      16. Sellenger's Round

      17. Amoroso

      18. Petit Riens

      19. Rostiboli Gioioso

      20. Ballo del Fiore

      21. Piantone

      22. Female Sailor

      23. My Lady Cullen

      24. Cascarda da Gracca Amorosa

      In Service,

      Ermenrich

      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 23 7:47 AM
        A very nice list.

        I agree with Tsire on Confesse and Bizzaria (now that many know Gracca
        Amorosa its time to introduce another fun but flashy dance).

        I do have one question, is there a particular reason to include Female
        Sailor. Is this a crossover between sca and other period dance

        groups in Kirksville? ? I like it a lot, but its dangerously close to
        GOOP.

        "It was originally French and included in Raoul-Augur Feuillet's 1703
        Recueil de contredanse along with a longways proper dance,

        'La Matelotte', which Feuillet had himself written to go with the tune.
        In 1710 John Essex published a translation of this work,

        For the Further Improvement of Dancing, in which the dance is given as
        'The Female Saylor'."

        It is interesting that it's a French dance in an otherwise English dance
        type

        Saturday Night , Sunday Morning is a good more period replacement for it
        that includes gypsies if that's one to the attractions.

        http://www.shipbrook.com/jeff/playford/94.html

        ====================

        Black Almain
        Carolingian Pavane
        Queen's Alman

        Gathering Peascods
        Grimstock
        Heart's Ease
        Heralds in Love
        Jenny Pluck Pears
        Lovers' Braid
        New New Nothing
        Rufty Tufty
        Sellenger's Round
        Female Sailor
        My Lady Cullen

        Horses Bransle
        Ly Bens Distonys
        Maltese Bransle
        Official Bransle

        Amoroso
        Petit Riens
        Rostiboli Gioioso
        Ballo del Fiore
        Piantone
        Cascarda da Gracca Amorosa

        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 23 4:17 PM
          Good points Conrad. Thanks for pointing that out.
          Take you opportunity folks...I'm too preoccupied with the newborn to argue with people.
          LOL!

        • Rowan
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 27 5:07 PM
            Do we only have the one track of dance classes?
            Hanne was wanting to try to teach a class on Almans if you all have room for
            one more class

            HL Rowan Houndskeeper

          • Rowan
            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 27 5:10 PM
              All,
              I need dance teachers for Lilies!!!
              We have 3+ hours of dance a day to fill.
              So far I have only 3 classes with teachers - all english country.
              Help!

              I'll be bugging you all again at Bellewood :-)

              HL Rowan Houndskeeper