Bellewode Ball List

  • mateoalanohombrealtopezold
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 21 10:39 AM
      Here is a list of 24 songs Bellewode plans to have for the ball. We would like to have a few more (due to the structure of this ball we thought having more would be better so people could choose). What is not on this list that you would like to dance? You can either email the list or email me personally at mlagemann@....

      1. Black Almain
      2. Carolingian Pavane
      3. Gathering Peascods
      4. Grimstock
      5. Heart's Ease
      6. Heralds in Love
      7. Horses Bransle
      8. Jenny Pluck Pears
      9. Lovers' Braid
      10. Ly Bens Distonys
      11. Maltese Bransle
      12. New New Nothing
      13. Official Bransle
      14. Queen's Alman
      15. Rufty Tufty
      16. Sellenger's Round
      17. Amoroso
      18. Petit Riens
      19. Rostiboli Gioioso
      20. Ballo del Fiore
      21. Piantone
      22. Female Sailor
      23. My Lady Cullen
      24. Cascarda da Gracca Amorosa

      In Service,
      Ermenrich
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 21 6:45 PM
        Confesse, Bizzaria d'Amore

        To: CalontirDance@yahoogroups.com

        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 23 7:47 AM
          A very nice list.

          I agree with Tsire on Confesse and Bizzaria (now that many know Gracca
          Amorosa its time to introduce another fun but flashy dance).

          I do have one question, is there a particular reason to include Female
          Sailor. Is this a crossover between sca and other period dance

          groups in Kirksville? ? I like it a lot, but its dangerously close to
          GOOP.

          "It was originally French and included in Raoul-Augur Feuillet's 1703
          Recueil de contredanse along with a longways proper dance,

          'La Matelotte', which Feuillet had himself written to go with the tune.
          In 1710 John Essex published a translation of this work,

          For the Further Improvement of Dancing, in which the dance is given as
          'The Female Saylor'."

          It is interesting that it's a French dance in an otherwise English dance
          type

          Saturday Night , Sunday Morning is a good more period replacement for it
          that includes gypsies if that's one to the attractions.

          http://www.shipbrook.com/jeff/playford/94.html

          ====================

          Black Almain
          Carolingian Pavane
          Queen's Alman

          Gathering Peascods
          Grimstock
          Heart's Ease
          Heralds in Love
          Jenny Pluck Pears
          Lovers' Braid
          New New Nothing
          Rufty Tufty
          Sellenger's Round
          Female Sailor
          My Lady Cullen

          Horses Bransle
          Ly Bens Distonys
          Maltese Bransle
          Official Bransle

          Amoroso
          Petit Riens
          Rostiboli Gioioso
          Ballo del Fiore
          Piantone
          Cascarda da Gracca Amorosa

          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 23 4:17 PM
            Good points Conrad. Thanks for pointing that out.
            Take you opportunity folks...I'm too preoccupied with the newborn to argue with people.
            LOL!

          • Rowan
            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 27 5:07 PM
              Do we only have the one track of dance classes?
              Hanne was wanting to try to teach a class on Almans if you all have room for
              one more class

              HL Rowan Houndskeeper

            • Rowan
              Message 6 of 6 , Mar 27 5:10 PM
                All,
                I need dance teachers for Lilies!!!
                We have 3+ hours of dance a day to fill.
                So far I have only 3 classes with teachers - all english country.
                Help!

                I'll be bugging you all again at Bellewood :-)

                HL Rowan Houndskeeper