Lilies Dance

  • Rowan
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 2, 2009
      Now that Jubilee is over, I'm looking to organize the dance activities
      at Lilies. In that vein - Here is the current planned activities and
      TENATIVE ball list that Lucia and I have discussed (disclaimer - its subject

      to change and change around, also I can't spell).

      I need teachers for classes! Please email me! Please volenteer!

      Muscians will also be having classes and jam sessions/practice - I'll let
      Lucia talk about that one.
      Dance classes (permanent shelter): Sat-Thurs @ 10am, 1pm, 2pm and
      Fri&Sat @ 1pm, 2pm

      Shattered Crytal/MidRealm Social
      Dance(permanent
      shelter): Monday night ~7pm

      Lilies Ball (battlefield): Wed. night ~7pm
      Ball List: 1) Official Brawl, Amaroso, Ruffty Tuffty, Graca Amaroso, Scots
      Cap, Gelocia,My Lady Cullen, 2x SOP/GOP TBA

      2) Pinatonee/Pinwheel, Confesse, Belfiore, Argeers, Hyde Park, Villanella,
      Brawl Set (Scots/Pease), 1x SOP/GOP
      TBA
      3) PetietRiens,
      Mage on a Cree, LeBensDistone,Bassa, Black Almon, Contrepso in Due,2x
      SOP/GOP
      TBA

      The plan for the SOP and GOP dances is that they will be up for bid - high
      bid gets danced, and the money goes to either pay for the ball costs. The
      list of possible SOP&GOP are: Maris Wedding, Postis Jig, Angus Reel, Road to
      the Isle, Female Sailor, Hole in the Wall (10 repeats), John Tallows Cannon,
      Sellengers Round, Heralds in Love, Black Nag, Saterella la Regina, Manscaft
      Pavan, Calontir Brawl, quen quer que, tangle Brawl, and Lovers Braid - to
      force Ermenrich to teach the rest of us and Kasha to share the music around
      :-)
      Other ideas - I'm thinking of changing out either the Friday or Sat. dance
      classes for a Caroso Style Ball (the cards are a great idea! I'm stealing
      it) and/or a dancer/musicians social tea.
      I am will also gladly accept aid in providing muchies and refreshing
      breverages for the balls/tea.

      HL Rowan Houndskeeper

    • Chris Mortika
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 2, 2009
        --- In CalontirDance@yahoogroups.com, "Rowan" <rowan@...> wrote:

        > Now that Jubilee is over, I'm looking to organize the dance activities
        > at Lilies. In that vein - Here is the current planned activities and
        > TENATIVE ball list that Lucia and I have discussed

        It looks fantastic, Rowan!

        --Christian
      • Matt Lagemann
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 3, 2009
          I like what I see. The idea of a social tea or something with the musicians also sounds fun. It seems like I knew a few of them very well and some not at all.

          Ermenrich
          Message 4 of 5 , May 22, 2009
            Oh My! Lilies is only 3 weeks away!
            Musicians tune up your instraments and please contact Lucia for copies of
            the ball music.
            Dancers put on your dancing shoes - we have over 25 hours of classes and 4
            different balls on offer, plus a pilgramage!
            My thanks to Hanne, Azenari, Arina, Ermenich, Cathus, HE Phillipe, HE
            Isabaue, and Master Conrad for volenteering to teach classes. Especially Ly
            Hanne who will be teaching our Calontir youth the joy of dance.
            If anyone else wants to volenteer a bit of time before the ball please
            contact me.
            I am also looking for people willing to help provide munchies and drink for
            the balls.
            If you have enclosed candle lanterns that you can let us borrow for the
            ball, please bring them.

            See you all there!
            Dancy, Dancy!!

            HL Rowan Houndskeeper

          • Kat Pogatshnik
            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 18, 2012
              Yes! Of course Dancing at Lilies will be amazing! We currently will be
              having balls on both the first and last Saturdays of War, along with the
              Thursday war ball and possibly another one on Monday evening! This doesn't
              even include the dance classes! (which will include at least 1-2 classes
              featuring new dances learned from last years Known World Dance Symposium)

              So plan on coming to Lilies and dancing the days away. If you are
              interested in teaching a class (or know someone who should teach a class)
              let me know.

              ~Alessandra

              Lilies War
              June 9th-17th