RE: [CalontirDance] The Bellewode Ball

    Message 1 of 12 , Mar 2, 2009
      Regarding the Caroso style ball for Bellewode:

      I think the Caroso concept can be adapted to the main ball format quite well. I think Conrad's points are good but can be mitigated. The card idea is fantastic. By creating the cards, you determine the set list. A traditional Caroso ball does have a set list so musicians will not have to have a huge catalogue of music available. If you wih to do a perormance, be prepared with a music backup so as not to tax the musicians should they not wish to be taxed. If the cards had a bare bones step description on it as well it could help people choose who are unfamiliar.
      Also the host will need to be willing to guide the indecisive in thier choices. This is a great opportunity to build relationships and make new friends! Those of us who have whizbang performance dances at the ready need to be willing to do them but equally willing to choose strangers, newbies, and dances of ease for all. It is up to those of us with the familiarity of the dances and this style to set the tone and create examples of goodwill and fun in this format.
      It can be great. I'd love to see it as the primary format. I think, with attention to the possible pitfalls, and a positive attitude it can work and work well. I'm willing to help make it so.

      So excited. Bellewode will be Henry's first SCA event.

    • Matt Lagemann
      Message 2 of 12 , Mar 2, 2009
        Henry's first event! YEAH! I can't wait to see the newest addition to the dance community. I am afraid though that he will learn to walk in doubles....

        Ermenrich

        So excited. Bellewode will be Henry's first SCA event.

        Message 3 of 12 , Mar 2, 2009
          He seemed to be playing kick the tassel in the womb, anything is possible. ;0

          To: CalontirDance@yahoogroups.com
          From: mlagemann@...
          Date: Mon, 2 Mar 2009 10:44:00 -0600
          Subject: RE: [CalontirDance] The Bellewode Ball