[CalontirDance] Lilies Classes - May 15 (and almost final) upda te

    Message 1 of 1 , May 15, 2000
      Lilies War 14 Class Schedule 7/27/99
      Day Time Title Teacher Description

      Monday 10 - Noon Dance 109: Survey of European Dance
      Conrad Martin von Kassel
      An overview of European Rennisanse Dance from about 1450 to 1650. Styles
      incluide; Pavanes, English Country Dance, Bransles, Italian Balli. This
      class is desinged to introuce dancers to most of the styles of dance of
      Rennisanse Europe, features some easy dances from each style.

      Monday 1 - 3 Dance 111: Bransles and Pavans
      Philippe de Lyon
      Come and lean the dances of the French Court. Pavans (slow and stately)
      and Branles (rompus and fun) are easy to lean for the beginners, and offer
      lots of flirting potential for the experienced dancer. We will be focusing
      mainly on the dances being done at Lilies Ball.

      Monday 3 - 4 Open
      Can we fill this last open slot?

      ----

      Tuesday 9 - 10 Dance 291: Teaching Dance Conrad Martin von Kassel You know
      dozen of dances, learn how to pass this knowledge on to others.
      Tuesday 10 - Noon Dance 121: Introductory English Country Dance Tsire Tuzevo
      Come learn some basic English country dances. Round out your persona by
      learning to do some dance. These dances are so fun everyone likes them and
      so easy everyone can do them.

      Tuesday 1 - 3 Dance 131: Introductory Italian
      Katherine Mercer
      Think Italian dance is boring and stuffy? Think again! It's actually fun
      and flirtatious and a great way to show off! We'll cover dances from both
      the fifteenth and the sixteenth centuries including four which will be
      danced at the Lilies Ball (Petit Vriens, Amoroso, Gelosia, and Rosti Boli
      Gioioso).

      Tuesday 3 - 4 Music 211: Playing music for dance
      Katriana op den Dijk

      ----

      Wedensday 9 - 10 Dance 292: Intro to Dance Reconstruction
      Conrad Martin von Kassel
      Join a group of dancers as we try to decipher an primary source and
      reconstruct a dance.

      Wedensday 10 - Noon Dance 224: Dance Intermediate English Country Dance
      Tsire Tuzevo
      Come learn some of the rarer English Country dances involving some of the
      2 couple and squares for four couple dances.

      Wedensday 1 - 3 Dance 206: Dancing to live music
      Conrad and Katriona Learn to listen and dance to live music, instead of
      the momorized taped rendition of the music thats the same every time.

      Wedensday 3 - 4 Dance 200: Caroso Ball
      Conrad (Host)
      Come join in a period dance event where you can be both performor and
      spectator. Dances will be limited to those in the ball list.

      ----

      Thursday 9 - 11 Dance 220: Heys are not for Horses
      Katherine Mercer Love Heys?
      Then this is definitely the class for you. We'll be dancing English
      Country dances that have different variations on the basic hey (mostly
      intermediate level) including Black Nag, Picking of Sticks, Grimstock,
      Whirlygig, and possibly one or two more if time permits.

      Thursday 11 - Noon Music 211: Playing music for dance Katriana op den Dijk

      Thursday 1 - 4 Dance 106: Review for the Ball Conrad et al Request any ball
      dance you missed, don't know or need some more practice with.

      ----

      Friday 10 - Noon Dance 230: That Class with all the Saltarelli
      Katherine Mercer
      The Saltarello was a popular medieval dance form and lots of wonderful
      saltarello music has survived. But what do we actually know about how people
      danced to them? In this class we will dance two hypothetical saltarelli
      (Saltarello la Regina and Prendente in Giro) as well as Rosti Boli Gioioso,
      an Italian ballo that prominently features a saltarello section.

      Friday 1 - 4 Dance 204: Dance swat meet
      Katherine Mercer (Moderator)
      Bring at least one dance you can teach (and provide music for it if
      possible). Try to find an rare, new or unique dance to share with everyone
      else.

      New stuff:

      A 1 hour Caroso Ball on wendsday and a reconstruction class.
      Also Katherine has agreed to host the dance swap meet on friday while I
      fight (thanks).

      Can someone proffread the descriptions etc.?

      Katriana any description for the music classes? Are the times OK?

      Anyone for the 1 hour monday afternoon class?