Jubilee dancing

  • ingeborgbildrbriotr
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 25, 2009
      Dancers neophyte, casual, and hardcore are invited to celebrate a
      quarter-century of Calontir with a Ball in the evening, and dance
      during the day.

      The Ball pieces are mostly simple but all fun: Bransles, Italian,
      and English Country dances are featured.
      What will be taught during the day will depend on the teacher,
      the students, guests, and requests. There will be an in-room teacher
      present, but if you'd like to teach a dance, please bring sheet music
      or a CD and show up in the classroom and see if others are interested.

      Here's the loose plan:

      10:30 a.m., later if necessitated by court: Random Newcomer Dances,
      taught
      by Lady Hanne and Constantia Kaloethes

      11:30 a.m. : Ball Review, taught by Lady Azenari

      12:30-1:30 p.m., lunch break

      1:30 p.m. : Miscellaneous Dance, hosted/taught by TBA

      2:30 p.m. : Bransles or Almains, taught by Master Philippe

      After Feast: Ball

      Set 1:
      Official's Bransle, Ly Bens Distonys, Anello, Jenny Pluck Pears, My Lady
      Cullen, Trenchmore

      Set 2:
      Kick the Tassel (to Maltese Bransle), Black Alman, Ballo del Fiore,
      Gathering Peasecods, Amoroso, Bransle suite (Pease, Cassandra, Scots),
      Petit
      Riens

      Likely extras:
      Tangle Bransle, Horses' Bransle, Rufty Tufty, Heralds in Love

      --Lady Ingeborg Ulfsdottir, Jubilee dance steward
    • Chris Mortika
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 25, 2009
        --- In CalontirDance@yahoogroups.com, "ingeborgbildrbriotr" <alianoraree@...> wrote:
        > Dancers neophyte, casual, and hardcore are invited to celebrate a
        > quarter-century of Calontir with a Ball in the evening, and dance
        > during the day.

        Will there be a music practice?

        --Christian d'Hiver
        who would want to schedule around it, if there were one