RE: [CalontirDance] Lilies Classes - May 10 update

  • Ms. Catherine E. Dean, Esq.
    Message 1 of 3 , May 10, 2000
      Oh, looks GREAT! I'll get you finalized names and course descriptions soon, i
      promise! One request, though. Can we switch the days of the Salterelli class
      and the Heys class? Also, have you considered scheduling the Swap Meet for
      longer than an hour? I bet we could fill up more than that!

      Katherine

> [...]
      > More ECD
      >
      >Wedensday 1 - 3 Dancing to live music
      > Conrad and Katriona
      > Learn to listen and dance to live music, instead of the momorized taped
      >rendition of the music thats the same every time.
      >
      >Wedensday 3 - 4 Playing music for dance
      > Katriana op den Dijk

      >----
      >
      >Thursday 9 - 11 Salterelli
      > Katherine Mercer
      > Satarella la Regina and Prendente in Giro
      >
      >Thursday 11 - Noon Playing music for dance
      > Katriana op den Dijk
      >
      >Thursday 1 - 4 Review for the Ball
      > Conrad et al
      > Request any ball dance you missed, don't know or need some more practice
      >with.

      >----
      >
      >Friday 9 - 10 Open
      >Friday 10 - Noon Heys are not for Horses
      > Katherine Mercer
      > ECD that all have heys.
      >
      >Friday 1 - 3 Open
      >
      >Friday 3 - 4 Open

      >----
      >
      >OK here is the next update to the proposed class list.
      >Let me know if anyone has difficulty when your scheduled to teach.
      >
      >there are still 5 open slots.
      >
      >I've filled up all my available time.
      >Any more class suggestions,
      >any new teachers? I would really like to fill up
      >all of the slots now that we're so close.
      >
      >This class schedule also available at
      >
      >http://calontir.sca.org/artsci/dance/lilies-ball/class-list.html
      >
      >and from the my lilies dance page. The formatting is also better.
      >
      >Conrad
      >

      >> Everyone should get a short (ie. paragraph) description to me by then.
      >>

      >> Dacne breakdown by type
      >>
      >> Bransles:
      >> Scottish Bransle (Arbeau)
      >> Calontir Bransle (SCA dance to period music)
      >> Official Bransle (Arbeau)
      >> SCA Maltese Bransle (SCA, style of Arbeau)
      >> Charlotta Bransle (Arbeau)
      >> Horses Bransle (Arbeau)
      >>
      >> Greesly:
      >> Ly Bens Distonys (Greesly)
      >>
      >> Cantiga:
      >> Quen Quer Que (SCA to 13th cent. music (cantiga)
      >>
      >> Pavans:
      >> Mannschaft Pavan (SCA somewhat period style)
      >> Carloingian Pavan (SCA dance to music from Arbeau)
      >> Earl of Salisbury Pavan (Arbeau)
      >>
      >> Allemande:
      >> Black Allemande (Arbeau/Inns of Court)
      >>
      >> ECD:
      >> Heralds in Love (SCA, reasonalby ECDish)
      >> Rufty Tufty (Playford, 1st)
      >> Hearts Ease (Playford, 1st)
      >> Gathering Peascods (Playford, 1st)
      >> New boe Peep (Playford, 1st)
      >> Jenny Plucks Pears (Playford, 1st)
      >>
      >> Italian:
      >> Petit Riens (Italian balli)
      >> Rostiboli (Italian balli)
      >> Gelosia (Italian balli)
      >> Amoroso (Italian balli)
      >> Ballo del Fiore (Dominico?)
      >> Il Piantone (The Pinwheel) (Italian)

      >Bids starting at $7 for thousands of products - uBid.com

      Cathy Dean Katherine Mercer
      Grinnell College Seneschal, College of NoMountain
      deanc@... Calontir
      http://home.earthlink.net/~lfdean
      Knowledge is Power; Power Corrupts; Study Hard; Be Evil
    • Ms. Catherine E. Dean, Esq.
      Message 2 of 3 , May 10, 2000
        >> Italian:
        >> Petit Riens (Italian balli)
        >> Rostiboli (Italian balli)
        >> Gelosia (Italian balli)
        >> Amoroso (Italian balli)
        >> Ballo del Fiore (Dominico?)
        >> Il Piantone (The Pinwheel) (Italian)

        Oh, hey! One more thing that I just remembered. If I'm going to be teaching
        Amoroso, I want to make sure that I'm teaching a version that will match the
        music being played at the ball (apparently the version I first learned is
        wierd
        and corrupt). Conrad, do you have a cheat sheet done up for it yet? Or
        Katriana, do you have the music that you could send me, or at least give me a
        reference?

        Katherine