Dance at 25th year Jubilee

  • ingeborgbildrbriotr
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 25, 2009
      Hello all. Yahoo appears not to want my posts to this list to appear
      right now, so I'll also send this through Dorcas.
      My email is alianoraree@...

      As Tsire (congrats on the baby!) and Lucia mentioned, I'm
      organizing dance activities at the Kingdom's 25th Year Jubilee (a.k.a.
      Notchieftains). There will be a ball in the evening and something
      during the day.

      Lucia is in charge of musicians for the ball; please contact her
      with questions/concerns/volunteers/whatever having to do with that,
      because I know very little about musicians other than that I like them
      very much, and am grateful when they play for dancing.

      The something during the day...
      After much fretting and worrying (which are still ongoing, by the
      way), I've decided to try and have somewhat informal classes during
      the day. I'm looking for teachers, but the format will be a bit
      unusual.
      The way I'm picturing it, someone volunteering to teach for a time
      will be more of a host than an autocrat. He or she may teach the
      dances for the ball (*should* if one is requested,) may teach his or
      her favorite style, and will hopefully invite dancers present to
      request and/or teach pieces as well. This is your chance to get in
      that favorite dance I didn't put on the ball list.
      The number of these classes will be partly dependent upon the
      number of volunteers I get.

      Since this is a big kingdom celebration, and nothing says "swanky"
      like a live musician, I'd really like to have an actual instrument
      player during classes. (I'd need a couple, because I'd hate to stick
      one person in the room all day.) The ideal volunteer would have a
      wide repertoire, though I'd ask dancers planning to teach highly
      unusual things to bring a CD.

      I think that's everything I wanted to cover. Please email me if you'd
      like to volunteer or have questions.

      -Ingeborg

      Here's the set list, in case you missed it when Lucia posted it:

      Set 1:

      Official's Bransle
      Ly Bens Distonys
      Anello
      Jenny Pluck Pears
      My Lady Cullen
      Trenchmore

      Set 2:
      Kick the Tassel (will be danced to a brasle, title to come)
      Black Alman
      Ballo del Fiore
      Gathering Peasecods
      Amoroso (long version)
      Bransle suite: Pease, Cassandra, Scots
      Petit Riens

      Requests: starts with Korobushka (unless King leaves early, in which
      case it'll be done then.)

      extras:

      Tangle Bransle (danced to Simple Brasle)
      Horses' Bransle
      Rufty Tufty
      Heralds in Love
    • lucia_b3r
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 29, 2009
        Greets all,

        I now have all the music for the Jubilee ball (and dance classes)
        gathered up into a .pdf file. Anyone who wants the packet, please
        email me and I'll send it along.

        Additionally, I will have extra copies of it with me at the event.

        BTW, does anyone want to volunteer to help out during the day by
        playing for Dance classes? (Please consider helping out with this,
        even if it's only for one class!)

        Also, I hope to have web-pages up by beginning of next week that will
        give more info about the Dance & Music activites at the event. I'll
        post here as soon as it's live.

        Regards,
        Lucia