[CalontirDance] Lilies Classes - May 10 update

    Message 1 of 3 , May 10, 2000
      Lilies Dance CLass Schedule
      (Needs to be finalized by May 15th to make the RUSH book)

      Day Time Title
      Teacher
      Description

      Monday 10 - Noon Survey of European Dance
      Conrad Martin von Kassel
      An overview of European Rennisanse Dance from about 1450 to 1650. Styles
      incluide; Pavanes, English Country Dance, Bransles, Italian Balli. This
      class is desinged to introuce dancers to most of the styles of dance of
      Rennisanse Europe, features some easy dances from each style.

      Monday 1 - 3 Dances from Arbeau: Bransles and Pavanes
      Philippe de Lyon
      Fun bransles, stately pavans.

      Monday 3 - 4 Open

      ----

      Tuesday 9 - 10 Teaching Dance
      Conrad Martin von Kassel
      You know dozen of dances, learn how to pass this knowledge on to others.

      Tuesday 10 - Noon Introductory English Country Dance
      Tsire Tuzevo ECD

      Tuesday 1 - 3 Introductory Italian Katherine Mercer
      These are dances are fun and flirtasious!

      Tuesday 3 - 4 Open

      ----

      Wedensday 9 - 10 Dance swat meet
      Conrad (Moderator)
      Bring at least one dance you can teach (and provide music for it if
      possible). Try to find an rare, new or unique dance to share with everyone
      else.

      Wedensday 10 - Noon Intermediate English Country Dance
      Tsire Tuzevo
      More ECD

      Wedensday 1 - 3 Dancing to live music
      Conrad and Katriona
      Learn to listen and dance to live music, instead of the momorized taped
      rendition of the music thats the same every time.

      Wedensday 3 - 4 Playing music for dance
      Katriana op den Dijk

      ----

      Thursday 9 - 11 Salterelli
      Katherine Mercer
      Satarella la Regina and Prendente in Giro

      Thursday 11 - Noon Playing music for dance
      Katriana op den Dijk

      Thursday 1 - 4 Review for the Ball
      Conrad et al
      Request any ball dance you missed, don't know or need some more practice
      with.

      ----

      Friday 9 - 10 Open
      Friday 10 - Noon Heys are not for Horses
      Katherine Mercer
      ECD that all have heys.

      Friday 1 - 3 Open

      Friday 3 - 4 Open

      ----

      OK here is the next update to the proposed class list.
      Let me know if anyone has difficulty when your scheduled to teach.

      there are still 5 open slots.

      I've filled up all my available time.
      Any more class suggestions,
      any new teachers? I would really like to fill up
      all of the slots now that we're so close.

      This class schedule also available at

      http://calontir.sca.org/artsci/dance/lilies-ball/class-list.html

      and from the my lilies dance page. The formatting is also better.

      Conrad

      > Everyone should get a short (ie. paragraph) description to me by then.
      >

      > Dacne breakdown by type
      >
      > Bransles:
      > Scottish Bransle (Arbeau)
      > Calontir Bransle (SCA dance to period music)
      > Official Bransle (Arbeau)
      > SCA Maltese Bransle (SCA, style of Arbeau)
      > Charlotta Bransle (Arbeau)
      > Horses Bransle (Arbeau)
      >
      > Greesly:
      > Ly Bens Distonys (Greesly)
      >
      > Cantiga:
      > Quen Quer Que (SCA to 13th cent. music (cantiga)
      >
      > Pavans:
      > Mannschaft Pavan (SCA somewhat period style)
      > Carloingian Pavan (SCA dance to music from Arbeau)
      > Earl of Salisbury Pavan (Arbeau)
      >
      > Allemande:
      > Black Allemande (Arbeau/Inns of Court)
      >
      > ECD:
      > Heralds in Love (SCA, reasonalby ECDish)
      > Rufty Tufty (Playford, 1st)
      > Hearts Ease (Playford, 1st)
      > Gathering Peascods (Playford, 1st)
      > New boe Peep (Playford, 1st)
      > Jenny Plucks Pears (Playford, 1st)
      >
      > Italian:
      > Petit Riens (Italian balli)
      > Rostiboli (Italian balli)
      > Gelosia (Italian balli)
      > Amoroso (Italian balli)
      > Ballo del Fiore (Dominico?)
      > Il Piantone (The Pinwheel) (Italian)
    • Ms. Catherine E. Dean, Esq.
      Message 2 of 3 , May 10, 2000
        Oh, looks GREAT! I'll get you finalized names and course descriptions soon, i
        promise! One request, though. Can we switch the days of the Salterelli class
        and the Heys class? Also, have you considered scheduling the Swap Meet for
        longer than an hour? I bet we could fill up more than that!

        Katherine

> [...]
        >> Quen Quer Que (SCA to 13th cent. music (cantiga)
        >>
        >> Pavans:
        >> Mannschaft Pavan (SCA somewhat period style)
        >> Carloingian Pavan (SCA dance to music from Arbeau)
        >> Earl of Salisbury Pavan (Arbeau)
        >>
        >> Allemande:
        >> Black Allemande (Arbeau/Inns of Court)
        >>
        >> ECD:
        >> Heralds in Love (SCA, reasonalby ECDish)
        >> Rufty Tufty (Playford, 1st)
        >> Hearts Ease (Playford, 1st)
        >> Gathering Peascods (Playford, 1st)
        >> New boe Peep (Playford, 1st)
        >> Jenny Plucks Pears (Playford, 1st)
        >>
        >> Italian:
        >> Petit Riens (Italian balli)
        >> Rostiboli (Italian balli)
        >> Gelosia (Italian balli)
        >> Amoroso (Italian balli)
        >> Ballo del Fiore (Dominico?)
        >> Il Piantone (The Pinwheel) (Italian)

        >Bids starting at $7 for thousands of products - uBid.com

        Cathy Dean Katherine Mercer
        Grinnell College Seneschal, College of NoMountain
        deanc@... Calontir
        http://home.earthlink.net/~lfdean
        Knowledge is Power; Power Corrupts; Study Hard; Be Evil
      • Ms. Catherine E. Dean, Esq.
        Message 3 of 3 , May 10, 2000
          >> Italian:
          >> Petit Riens (Italian balli)
          >> Rostiboli (Italian balli)
          >> Gelosia (Italian balli)
          >> Amoroso (Italian balli)
          >> Ballo del Fiore (Dominico?)
          >> Il Piantone (The Pinwheel) (Italian)

          Oh, hey! One more thing that I just remembered. If I'm going to be teaching
          Amoroso, I want to make sure that I'm teaching a version that will match the
          music being played at the ball (apparently the version I first learned is
          wierd
          and corrupt). Conrad, do you have a cheat sheet done up for it yet? Or
          Katriana, do you have the music that you could send me, or at least give me a
          reference?

          Katherine