RE: [CalontirDance] Lilies Classes - May 08 update

  • Ms. Catherine E. Dean, Esq.
    Message 1 of 4 , May 8, 2000
      > Tues
      > AM 10-12 Introductory Itialian Katherine Mercer deanc@...
      > PM 1- 3 Easy ECD Tsire Tuzevo tsire@...
      >
      > Wed
      > AM 10-12 Intermediate ECD Tsire Tuzevo tsire@...
      > PM 1- 3 ??? ???
      >
      > Thurs
      > AM 10-11 Salterelli Katherine
      > AM 11-12 Heys are not for horses Katherine
      > PM 1- 3 Review for Ball Conrad et al
      >

      > Final class nane is up to the instructor.
      > Anyone who want to be around for the review class is welcome.
      > Exact slots on Tues and Wed are somewhat tentative.
      > I absolutely need someone for the Monday PM class, I've got a
      > meeting :(
      >
      > Any ideas for the wed after noon class?
      >
      > A couple of ones I had
      >
      > Dancing to live music

      By this do you mean a class about how to dance to live music or a class in
      which
      the dances are done to live music. Either one sounds fun.

      > Dance teachers class

      I think this would be great if someone can teach.

      > dance teacher swapmeet

      Likewise, I think this would be great. If for nothing other than to make sure
      that all the dance folk in Calontir know each other. THere are still quite a
      few people I have yet to meet (not all that surprising considering I've only
      been back in Kingdom since January, but still). And maybe we could all go
      over
      what our groups dance-lists are. I'd love to have information like that for
      planning out the ball at Calontir Performing Arts Day (plug plug plug).

      >OK Judit had to cancel, so I put Katherine's suggestions in that
      >spot - feel free to speak up Katherine if this isn't ok.

      Fine with me.

      >Still need something for wed afternoon.
      >
      >Also according to the lilies RUSH schedule we have the
      >grand pavilion reserved from 9 to 12 and 1-4 everyday

      If you want to move either of my classes to Friday that's fine by me
      (preferably
      the two on thursday, I guess) because a friend of mine is coming up from
      Atenvelt thursday night and would love to help me teach! And if it comes down
      to it I could probably do two classes of Italian (intro and intermediate or
      something like that), although that may well be overload.

      Also, if we have the area from 1-4, could you schedule my two class block as
      1-2
      and 2:30-3:30? That way there is a bit of a buffer for going overtime.

      Also also, if you really would like to fill timeslots, feel free to split
      those
      two classes over two different days and I'll try to make them each a bit
      longer.

      Whew.

      >MAY 15th is the deadline for getting classes listed!
      >^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
      >
      >Everyone should get a short (ie. paragraph) description to me by then.

      Will do.

      >Italian:
      >Petit Riens (Italian balli)
      >Rostiboli (Italian balli)
      >Gelosia (Italian balli)
      >Amoroso (Italian balli)
      >Ballo del Fiore (Dominico?)
      >Il Piantone (The Pinwheel) (Italian)

      Ok, since I'm the only one left doing Italian *beam* I'll just plan on
      covering
      those first four for sure. But I don't know Ballo del Fiore and Il Piantone,
      so
      can you cover them in the review class?

      Katherine

      Cathy Dean Katherine Mercer
      Grinnell College Seneschal, College of NoMountain
      deanc@... Calontir
      http://home.earthlink.net/~lfdean
      Knowledge is Power; Power Corrupts; Study Hard; Be Evil
    • Katriana
      Message 2 of 4 , May 8, 2000
        OK, I should be able to teach some. At this point it looks as if I'll be
        unemployed again by Lilies. Feel free to put me down to teach classes on
        playing dance music, and if neccessary, dance (bransles or basic ECD
        please) Is there going to be anyplace we can store stuff? Not that I
        don't live for hauling music stands AND instruments AND music all over
        creation :-)