Re: Coronation Ball

  • Christopher Mortika
    Message 1 of 23 , Sep 17, 2008

      Mistress Conna was kind enough to write:
      > Just a note to say a big Thank You to HL Christian for running the
      > Coronation Ball pit at Coronation in Deodar this past weekend.
      >
      > It was fantastic to gather together musicians from a couple of
      > kingdoms, and the sets were lots of fun to play. Thank you for
      > organizing everything and for all the fun!

      And a huge debt of gratitude goes to:

      The irrepressible dance shepherdess: Lady Daria of Coeur d'Ennui
      The musicians:
      Amy of Jararvellir (soprano and tenor recorders; she also played background
      music at feast), Mistress Conna (soprano and alto recorders), Gwenhwyfar
      Grek (trombone), Hyacinth of Jararvellir (alto recorder), Lady Kasha
      (soprano recorder), Lady Lorelei of Skye (percussion), Lorelei of Shadowdale
      (violin; her first event; she also played background music at feast), and
      Megan of Jararvellir (soprano recorder).
      The free dance booklet, including all the steps to all the dances: Lady
      Lorelei of Skye

      It was a blast. Next time we do it, we'll want to invite more dancers.

      --Christian

    • Matt Lagemann
      Message 2 of 23 , Sep 17, 2008
        Indeed it was fun. I wish I had enough energy for the other two sets. I know this was NOT in the hands of those running the ball, but I think what hurt attendance some was the Bardic Circle running concurrently. I know of some people from my group that would have danced, but they also wanted to be a part of the circle as well.

        Ermenrich

        ________________________________

        Message 3 of 23 , Sep 17, 2008
          For future occurrences of 'too many things going on at once', you can
          safely assure any would be dancers that the bardic circle will be going
          on long after dancing ends.

          I'm sure Conna can attest to this as well.

          Conrad

          From: CalontirDance@yahoogroups.com
          <mailto:CalontirDance%40yahoogroups.com>
          <mailto:CalontirDance%40yahoogroups.com>

          Mistress Conna was kind enough to write:
          > Just a note to say a big Thank You to HL Christian for running the
          > Coronation Ball pit at Coronation in Deodar this past weekend.
          >
          > It was fantastic to gather together musicians from a couple of
          > kingdoms, and the sets were lots of fun to play. Thank you for
          > organizing everything and for all the fun!

          And a huge debt of gratitude goes to:

          The irrepressible dance shepherdess: Lady Daria of Coeur d'Ennui
          The musicians:
          Amy of Jararvellir (soprano and tenor recorders; she also played
          background
          music at feast), Mistress Conna (soprano and alto recorders), Gwenhwyfar
          Grek (trombone), Hyacinth of Jararvellir (alto recorder), Lady Kasha
          (soprano recorder), Lady Lorelei of Skye (percussion), Lorelei of
          Shadowdale
          (violin; her first event; she also played background music at feast),
          and
          Megan of Jararvellir (soprano recorder).
          The free dance booklet, including all the steps to all the dances: Lady
          Lorelei of Skye

          It was a blast. Next time we do it, we'll want to invite more dancers.

          --Christian

        • Conna
          Message 4 of 23 , Sep 18, 2008
            On Wednesday, September 17, 2008, at 08:59 AM, Sauer, Michael F. wrote:

            > For future occurrences of 'too many things going on at once', you can
            > safely assure any would be dancers that the bardic circle will be going
            > on long after dancing ends.
            >
            > I'm sure Conna can attest to this as well.
            >
            > Conrad

            I happily stayed through the end of the ball, then happily stayed at
            the fire circle until the fire was put out at 5 am.

            Plenty of time for both! ;)

          • Matt Lagemann
            Message 5 of 23 , Sep 18, 2008
              5am! Conna, I do not know where you get that energy, but if you wouldn't mind lending me some, I would appreciate it!

              Ermenrich

              Message 6 of 23 , Sep 18, 2008
                Crown Tourney is the weekend before Crystal Ball here in St Louis. Is there any interest in making dancing happen there? I'm looking for volunteers as I may or may not be able to attend this myself but am willing to coordinate.