Music Retreat Sept. 20th

  • Paul Alan Byers
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 5 9:11 PM
      This is a loose schedule for the weekend. Subject to change as someone gets a good, well landed blow past my guard.

      Friday
      I will be taking the day off so come when you might. We will have small snacks and light drinks. The hot tub will be open and I do have trunks and lots of t-shirts for those without a suit. My guest room is about the only crash in my house as it will be our main meeting place. But we have a lot of crash space across the street at Ly Beven place (And I do mean across the street.) and if it is not rented by then Countess Fionna and Master Andrixous have a apartment just a half mile away for folks to lay their weary heads. I will try to have everyone a crash space assigned when folks plans firm up and I get your responses.
      I think we have a dozen coming and I have a dozen here. So if everyone shows should be lots of music going on.

      Saturday
      For breakfast, bacon, toast, scrambled eggs, waffles, coffee, hot tea and oat meal. I figure breakfast will be around 8:30ish. That gives us plenty of time to shower eat and meet everyone. Breakfast, as all but one of the meals, will be at Natalia's table.
      As we have over a score of us to play I will be taking all the large tools out of my shop to clear the floor to make it our music room. If it is a nice day we will open the doors and have a cheery shelter, if it is not so nice we will have a stout haven for our fun!
      For music I was thinking the "The Jubilee Set", 18 pieces of 4 and 5 part music. This set is quite popular with many of the musicians in other kingdoms and I am told the Lingua Franca of many SCA musicians. I will have enough copies for everyone and try to get a PDF on the Grimfells Music site (http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/Grim-music/) and will ask that it be put on the Calontir music web page... which I will confess I don't know the address for.
      Lunch will be around 1ish. Just about time for my fingers to be getting tired. I will be serving as main course a Pear-honey glazed turkey with Pear-Onion stuffing. Many of the other Grimfellions will be bringing some of their specialties to sample and enjoy. Should be a fine and filling repast. After eating the last of Ly Natalia's famous apple crisps we will wipe and hands and back to the music. If you want spirits with your meals I will ask that you please provide your own. My funds do have a bottom. I will supply tea, water and coffee. Saturday evening around 7ish we will all pile in to AQ for dinner. (If you have not experienced AQ you have not had chicken. Iowa and Nebraska have steak. Grimfells has chicken!) The rest of the evening is free flow. What every you want. Hot tub will be open. I have a large collection of DVDs and a home theater. Or if you are mantic you can play some more. I will follow the crowd. If you decide to go find a rockabilly band and dance till dawn, I got your back.

      Sunday
      Breakfast around 9ish. Pavel's omelet bar. Custom Omelets to your order. There will also be the normal fixings; bacon, toast, waffles, oatmeal, coffee, and tea. If there are folks here at lunch and dinner time we will be eating leftovers. :) You are welcome to stay till 8am Monday, but I have nothing but recovery planed for me.

      I will be staying up till the last of you are in. You can just get off I540 in Fayetteville, give me a call (479-283-8836) and I will come get you. Or if you have a GPS use the following address to get here:

      2463 W. Valley Dr.
      Fayetteville, AR 72703-1122

      Pav

    • Paul Alan Byers
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 5 9:21 PM
        *sigh*
        I forgot to mention that this is a non-SCA event. No garb is needed.

        Pav