Re: [CalontirDance] Lilies Classes - May 08 update

  • Kirsten Garner
    Message 1 of 4 , May 8 3:54 PM
      Just a quick note..

      > Pavans:
      > Mannschaft Pavan (SCA somewhat period style)
      > Carloingian Pavan (SCA dance to music from Arbeau)
      > Earl of Salisbury Pavan (Arbeau)

      Earl of Salisbury is not Arbeau. It's a really bizarre modern
      rendering of Quadran pavan (Inns of Court) to some 16th-century
      Italian music. :)

      Julian
    • Ms. Catherine E. Dean, Esq.
      Message 2 of 4 , May 8 4:40 PM
        > Tues
        > AM 10-12 Introductory Itialian Katherine Mercer deanc@...
        > PM 1- 3 Easy ECD Tsire Tuzevo tsire@...
        >
        > Wed
        > AM 10-12 Intermediate ECD Tsire Tuzevo tsire@...
        > PM 1- 3 ??? ???
        >
        > Thurs
        > AM 10-11 Salterelli Katherine
        > AM 11-12 Heys are not for horses Katherine
        > PM 1- 3 Review for Ball Conrad et al
        >

        > Final class nane is up to the instructor.
        > Anyone who want to be around for the review class is welcome.
        > Exact slots on Tues and Wed are somewhat tentative.
        > I absolutely need someone for the Monday PM class, I've got a
        > meeting :(
        >
        > Any ideas for the wed after noon class?
        >
        > A couple of ones I had
        >
        > Dancing to live music

        By this do you mean a class about how to dance to live music or a class in
        which
        the dances are done to live music. Either one sounds fun.

        > Dance teachers class

        I think this would be great if someone can teach.

        > dance teacher swapmeet

        Likewise, I think this would be great. If for nothing other than to make sure
        that all the dance folk in Calontir know each other. THere are still quite a
        few people I have yet to meet (not all that surprising considering I've only
        been back in Kingdom since January, but still). And maybe we could all go
        over
        what our groups dance-lists are. I'd love to have information like that for
        planning out the ball at Calontir Performing Arts Day (plug plug plug).

        >OK Judit had to cancel, so I put Katherine's suggestions in that
        >spot - feel free to speak up Katherine if this isn't ok.

        Fine with me.

        >Still need something for wed afternoon.
        >
        >Also according to the lilies RUSH schedule we have the
        >grand pavilion reserved from 9 to 12 and 1-4 everyday

        If you want to move either of my classes to Friday that's fine by me
        (preferably
        the two on thursday, I guess) because a friend of mine is coming up from
        Atenvelt thursday night and would love to help me teach! And if it comes down
        to it I could probably do two classes of Italian (intro and intermediate or
        something like that), although that may well be overload.

        Also, if we have the area from 1-4, could you schedule my two class block as
        1-2
        and 2:30-3:30? That way there is a bit of a buffer for going overtime.

        Also also, if you really would like to fill timeslots, feel free to split
        those
        two classes over two different days and I'll try to make them each a bit
        longer.

        Whew.

        >MAY 15th is the deadline for getting classes listed!
        >^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
        >
        >Everyone should get a short (ie. paragraph) description to me by then.

        Will do.

        >Italian:
        >Petit Riens (Italian balli)
        >Rostiboli (Italian balli)
        >Gelosia (Italian balli)
        >Amoroso (Italian balli)
        >Ballo del Fiore (Dominico?)
        >Il Piantone (The Pinwheel) (Italian)

        Ok, since I'm the only one left doing Italian *beam* I'll just plan on
        covering
        those first four for sure. But I don't know Ballo del Fiore and Il Piantone,
        so
        can you cover them in the review class?

        Katherine

        Cathy Dean Katherine Mercer
        Grinnell College Seneschal, College of NoMountain
        deanc@... Calontir
        http://home.earthlink.net/~lfdean
        Knowledge is Power; Power Corrupts; Study Hard; Be Evil
      • Katriana
        Message 3 of 4 , May 8 4:59 PM
          OK, I should be able to teach some. At this point it looks as if I'll be
          unemployed again by Lilies. Feel free to put me down to teach classes on
          playing dance music, and if neccessary, dance (bransles or basic ECD
          please) Is there going to be anyplace we can store stuff? Not that I
          don't live for hauling music stands AND instruments AND music all over
          creation :-)