RE: [CalontirDance] Bardic Charter

  • Becky Buchanan
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 9, 2008
      I could not agree more with you Tsire!

      I just got an email from the Bardic list regarding the latest Charter revision, which does not specifically call out musicians, dancers, etc. I think it's definitely a step in the right direction. I uploaded it to the Files section.

      Thanks,
      Emelye

      Tsire Tuzevo <tsire@...> wrote: Emelye, Conna & Roberto,

      Well put all of you!

      For what it's worth, I see my self as a performing artist. I do European dance, period vocal music, and random entertainment pieces. While I feel that bards and I have a link as performers, I ,in no way, see myself as a bard. I'm not comfortable with my arts being lumped into the charter and think it may be confusing to some people who may feel that participation in these (proposed) newly included areas would, de facto, make them members of the Bardic College. Dance has so very little to do with the bardic tradition, it seems like a stretch to include it._I agree that I'd rather just do my art and not have meetings about it. I've felt pressure, mostly from non-dancers, for years to form a dance guild. I've resisted this as I don't think a formal structure is warranted. This also feels to me, true or not, like a way to lump dancers into a category, a guild, or an organizational structure that we have been vocal about not wanting. This is frustrating to me as a dancer, a
      singer, a dramatic performer, a spectacle organizer and decidedly not a bard.

    • Conna
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 21, 2008
        I bring joyous news to this list:

        This past Saturday morning, the Crown of the Midrealm put Baron
        Phillippe de Lyon,
        former recent Baron of our dear friends in Shattered Crystal on vigil
        for the Order of
        the Laurel.

        He was elevated to the order at Saturday night's Court for his skills
        in the "arts of the
        courtier."

        Constantia and I serenaded him from a purple-and-gold shadefly, set
        next to his vigil chamber. We were quickly joined by a merry bunch of
        Midrealm musicians, including several fun members of Music Subterranea.

        Conde Fernando spoke wisely in the Laurel ceremony, commenting heavily
        on Philippe's great friendship to Calontir. I couldn't agree more!

        Hurray for Master Philippe!